1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that was awkward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NOTaphase109, Jan 4, 2012.

1. NOTaphase109

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I finally came out to my dad. I just went up to him and said dad, I'm bisexual. I thought it was going well until I started crying. I don't know why, but everything went from ok to a mess at that moment. He said that he was fine with it, but he also said that I shouldn't jump to conclusions (he thinks I'm going to turn out gay). I was still crying when I told him I had a crush on one of my same sex friends. I felt a little better when he said 'I hope shes cute, preferably rich.'

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2012 at 03:37 PM ----------

I don't know how the double post happened, sorry guys.

2. Hidinginalabama

That is awesome that you came out to your dad. I know how hard it is to tell your parents. And even more awesome that he was cool and accepting with it. (!)(!) As for crying when you told him its not that big of a deal really. I dont know many people that didnt cry when they told there parents or a family member. I cryed for an hour when I told my parents. It happens its a really big step that you did and you should be super proud of your self. Way to go you.:thumbsup:

3. Noir

That's great! It's no big deal if you cry, I think everyone does at least a little, even without showing it. Lol, I'm glad your Dad took it so well! (*hug*)

4. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats on having the courage to do that. It's great that your dad was so supportive. And i wouldn't worry about the crying, it's an emotional step for a lot of people. (*hug*)

5. Sidneyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations still working up to that

6. Artemicion

Congrats! Your dad's funny lol. Well I know I cried a bit when I came out to my mom, no idea what came over me, but it was my first coming out ...so it was a mess of complicated feelings.

7. hml8

congratulations! don't worry about the crying it can be really emotional! It sounds lke you'd be able to talk to him about things really easily so that's great!

8. thevedman

Well done for telling your dad mate! That's really amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!

9. NOTaphase109

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for all of the support guys, :icon_bigg I'm so glad I found this website.

10. No One

I totally wish my parents would make jokes about it rather than saying "Homosexuality is the same as Pedophilia". :eusa_doh:

CONGRATS!!!!!

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

A little late, but congrats!

Coming out to parents can bring a lot of emotions that you didn't even know you were feeling. I know that I personally cried right after I told my dad. Came out of nowhere and I hadn't expected it at all.

Hope everything keep gong well for you :slight_smile: