1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a friend and coming around again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Leif, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Leif

I haven't been on here for a while. Life happens and things don't go according to plan.
    But I'm back. Again. Hopefully this time for longer.

It's a new year and I decided I needed to take steps to be a better and more Me type of me.

One of my closest friends in the world happens to be an ex (kinda, it's an odd relationship). We had a weird relationship type thing. I love him very much, I always will and have. We've been friends for years and I've been wanting to tell him for a long while that I'm trans. He's an incredibly caring and understanding guy but I know he also has a lot of problems of his own and I kept on putting off telling him. Until the other night.
    He was visiting our home town for the holidays so of course he was still up at his usual crazy hours. We texted back and forth about dumb nothings for a long while till he finally asked me what was on my mind. It took another few hours, a lot of teasing and reminiscing about the old days and avoiding the conversation until I finally told him. I had no idea what to expect. On one hand he is one of the most open minded people I know. On the other hand... well my mind went to all sorts of things. Him not understanding or it horribly changing our friendship. I didn't really expect the later but I tend to over worry about everything.

He instantly replied "I understand, and i don't think any differently of you."

I really shouldn't have been surprised, through the years he's been an amazing friend and been by my side through all sorts of craziness. I can honestly say that my only regret is waiting so long to tell him.

Coming to terms with being transgender has been an adventure to say in the least. Some days are harder then others. Some days I wish I was different. But in the end I know who I am.
    My name is Leif (to most of the world Liz). I'm 22 years old. I have a body of a woman that confuses the hell out of me. I get depressed and angry and sometimes feel very alone. But I love being alive and progressing towards something even if I'm not so sure what that something is at times.
    Three people down, the world to go.

#1 Leif, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

heyy weve missed you Welcome back and good luck with your journey
    and congradulations on comming out !! Love Mercy:slight_smile: