1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just because you dont hear about it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by adorablyorange, Jan 9, 2012.

1. adorablyorange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im not going to make you read through my long story of how just one kiss tuned into oh, so much more.
    im not going to drag you through the swamp of thoughts that have collected in my head. i wont tell you about the look on her face.
    what i will tell you is simply that i connected the dots and the line that they made was certainly not straight.
    unlike many, i didnt hesitate to tell my mother. she just smiled, mimed wiping sweat off of her forehead and sighed "well we wont have to worry about you getting pregnant."
    next came my sisters and brothers. they were probably the easiest. its was even amusing watching them pretend to act surprised.
    at this point i was feeling pretty good about my self. my family was totally accepting and from most of what i heard id been through what was supposed to be the worst of it. living where i do, i hadnt heard many horror stories of fellow classmates who attack and alienate people who are, well, different. little did i know, just because you dont hear about it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
    i fearlessly told the vast majority of my classmates that i was gay. slipping it into conversation and whatnot.
    the next day, i walked into school-the smile on my face bright as ever.
    i said a hello to the same people i always did.
    only today, i didnt get one back.
    i assumed that it was nothing.
    didnt think a thing of it.
    but as the day went on, i realized people had started walking further away from me.
    i checked but it wasnt because i smelled.
    then i realized.
    it went on like this for quite a while.
    in fact, it still is.
    i just felt like putting that past tense word in there.
    gave me a nice false feeling that there might be an end.

2. Hidinginalabama

Its so great to hear that your family was so accepting and sorry to hear about school. But there are people like that every where you go. Trust me I lived in the south most all of my life. But again so awesome that you go to this point in your life.(!) (!) (!)

3. adorablyorange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you so much. it means a lot to me that anyone even read this. im also so thankful for my family and im hoping that the kids in school will just got over it

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

wow, you write so beautifully

you know.... these things do pass and will pass. don't let hurt or disappointment turn to anger or bitterness. if they do, don't let them take root, you are more valuable than to let that poison eat you up. mind you, some of these people will come to understand, some will not...

but, be ready, there are many, many out there who will undoubtedly whisper to you the truth...."you are brave and beautiful, you are tender and wonderful....and as i said to another friend here.... you are a gift"

adorable, all of us who remain loving, as you seem to be, will make the greatest impact ever known. this seems very fresh and new, but hang in there, you have all our support and will find support

peace friend ~ me

5. adorablyorange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you have no idea how much that means to me. thank you.

6. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out! That was extremely brave and strong of you. <3
    I'm sorry about your school, I hope things get better there. If they don't you know there are countless people out there who do understand.
    I live in the South, if I went to public school it's untelling what people would think. It's bad enough dealing with telling me family. You are very brave, stay strong and live proud. You are a shining example. :slight_smile:

7. donnie5

Like other have said, Congratulations on coming out that is one of the biggest steps you will ever take. As to the world of high school your dealing with, It's one of the hardest things to deal with in a young person's life. In the long run this is how life turns out for a gay person that's why i like to tell everyone i start to become friends with early on in the relationship. You really begin to find out who your real friends are some will stay with you while others will drift away from you. I know you've heard this before but it's a good thing because they really weren't your real friends anyhow. being different in high school is one of the hardest things anyone can go through and i wish you all the strength you need to get through it. Lean on your family they will always be there for you and stay strong it will get better :slight_smile:

8. Nadski

Nadski Guest

it is really inspirational to hear that. you are so brave coming out to everyone like that, i dont think i would be able to do what you have done. im sorry to hear about how the people in your highschool treated you, if i came out im pretty sure the reactions of others would be the same, as i got to an all girls catholic school. but like others have said, at least you know who is worth your time and doing what you did is a really big step and it takes a lot of courage to do that. at least you have family who will support you, im glad to hear that :slight_smile: thank you for posting this

9. alex7song

You write amazing. Like seriously. I do hope your friends will come around and realize that a person is so much more than their sexuality, and that being a lesbian isn't something to be scared of.