1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I clicked 'post'

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hexagon, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hexagon

I know I've been spending too much time trying to figure out how and what to say, and today I decided I was coming out on fb. So I saved a nice rainbow triangle onto my mac and ulled it to fb. Then I wrote the caption: Did I ever mention I'm bisexual. I hid it from certain family members. And then I clicked 'post'.

I hope I'll be okay. I know people will expect me to come out as gay soon, but I suppose if I hang in there till they give up...

2. HantsBen

Well done you, I imagine one of the hardest things you have ever done? Just be aware that although you've hidden it from certain people it can find its way around.

3. Hexagon

Yeah... kind of. I've always been vaguely scared of coming out as bi as a guy. Not really sure why.

I realise its possible, and its not a total disaster if it does get to my family. I just don't really want to deal with them right now. And I don't think its likely - I have three family members on facebook, and I don't know any of their friends.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! When I came out on facebook, the status did not make its way around. I had to hide mine from some family members and people from my old homophobic church.

5. Mad Man L

I never made a status, I just changed my 'Interested In' (and stopped my family from seeing it), and eventually told people in person.

But nobody in my family knows I'm bi, and people have actually posted on my wall talking about my straight crush. So don't get too worried.

6. BluestBlue

Heh, reminds me of a story (to follow). First, well done and congratumalations!

One of my friends decided it was best to come out over fb and at first it was completely disregarded as 'hoho, he's left his account logged in somewhere'. It was only when we were hanging out at college that it was brought up and our group of friends were all like 'i can't believe you didn't delete that, herp derp.' But he was totally calm and said it was him that posted. It didn't matter that we didn't believe him on fb, cause he came out to himself and that made him more comfortable to talk about it in person.
    He's lovely, I'm sure you are too :slight_smile:
    xx

7. TraceElement

8. Hexagon

Its been ten hours... no one has commented. At least that means no one is out to kill me for religious reasons.

@Mad Mad L, I tried that. No one checked my profile. I've been 'interested in both' for about two months.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had my interested in on both men and women since July. Nobody noticed until I actually posted a status about it.

10. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who doesn't love Facebook!?

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's a pretty huge step. Congrats! :slight_smile:

12. javgier

hmmm like this option works? i always figured it would be different... (like in a bad way) idk? tell me what happens if anything happens at all?

13. Hexagon

Nothing happened. The only person who noticed was the one person who already knew. I later tried to come out in class and no one believed me.