1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question: coming back in

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by peanutbutter, Jan 14, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

Does, well has anyone come out and then went back in? Is it typical for older people?

2. Hexagon

Well... I came out in my old school as bi, and have only just recomeout. How come? Are you considering going back into the closet?

3. peanutbutter

I'm still in. Only out to four of five. Not too many

4. alex7song

The only instance I had to re-come out was when I accepted I was gay instead of bicurious.

5. Aareon

Yeah haha. I've came out as lesbian then went back into the closet for a while cause of the change in environment, and now I'm back out as pansexual XD.
    Honestly, now I don't care who knows about my sexuality, but I just won't go around shouting "I'M A FLAMING HOMO!" and getting in some possible homophobes that could make drastic changes in my education. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. peanutbutter

That sounds like who I am. I like it like that. Makes it so much comfortable. :icon_wink

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its possible for someone to go back into the closet after coming out. There are multiple ways to do that, but yes it is possible.

Why do you want to go back in to the closet, though? Did you get some bad reactions or are you afraid of everyone knowing?

I just want to point out that you don't need to come out to everyone just now. There is such a thing as being partially out. There are many people that are out with family, but not with friends or out with friends, but not at home.

Don't feel like you have to be either all the way out of the closet or all the way in :slight_smile:

8. shampooi

Me, I was out to everybody important and many people just knew, then I moved across the globe and I am 100% in the closet and hating it.