1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sguyc, Jan 16, 2012.

1. sguyc

Recently I came out to some of my good friends over break. I am happy I did it, but the problem is I am not comfortable bringing up the topic again in conversation. My friends were fine with it, but they didn't really ask any questions or anything like that. I made no attempts to talk about it more afterwards. The idea of bringing up anything related to being gay around them is making me just as nervous as coming out was in the first place.

I wish they would just talk about it or pose some questions or something, but they won't lol. I assume their reluctance to bring it up again is tied to the fact that I haven't brought it up again, so I should bring it up obviously, but its really hard right now.

Maybe this should go in the advice section instead lol.

2. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

hey, it's all good here. is there one friend who you feel most comfortable with? if so, maybe spend some time with that person one day and bring it up with them a little to test the waters... you can ask 'what did you think about what i said?', just to get a little more comfortable talking. and you done good by being open bro... (and nice orientation bro...especially the quirks :wink:)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Being able to be completely honest about your orientation takes a bit to get used to. Try to enjoy whats happening right now, though, and then, if you want to be more open about it, work on making that happen. Being open about your sexuality is part of coming out so it will be hard, but just like you were able to tell them, you will also get more comfortable with everything as time goes by.

It took me close to a year after coming out to my friends before I could talk about who I liked or who I found attractive with them so don't be too hard on yourself if you aren't there just yet. Give yourself time to get used to the idea of your sexuality not being a huge, dark secret.

Congrats on telling them! :slight_smile: