1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

told my mother eventually.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Schlag, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Schlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i came out to my friends at the end of last year.
    And last friday i met someone (David), i really like him and we've hit it off.

That aside my mother and myself have always been close but in the past couple of years we've drifted because of my inability to deal with my sexuality. So now that i've kinda got a grip with of it. I decided to tell my mother why i'd become so distant, irratable, snappy etc.

So this past saturday after meeting David for a real date i had to tell her. i had managed to tell my closets friends last year already.

So saturday night after my date. I went to my over to moms house instead of my apartment.
    I walked straight into the lounge and sat on the couch across from her.
    She wasn't real expecting me. She gave normal chit chat, How are you and such.
    After what seemed to be ages.
    I asked her straight out how she would feel if i were to one day in the distant future bring a boyfriend around.
    She looked a bit puzzled for a second but she got the message.

As a former counsellor, i was hoping that she would be accepting.
    But i knew that she would still need time to process it. So after 5min of some uncomfortable silence. I got up to go home and she stop me, but still said nothing.
    Eventually she said what i was accepting, she was gonna need time but that i should know that she still loves me. And that her door was always open for me.
    She had one more question, "how long had i been denying that small but significant part of my life?"

I told her that i was hoping that i would grow out of it.
    I had realised a long time ago when i was about 14 that when i was able to i identify what those feelings were. And up until 4 years ago (age 20) i was trying everything to change. After that i started reading everything i could, about being gay and even made a couple of friend that are gay to gain a persective. And that its taken 3 of the 4 years to accept myself and 1 yr to start exploring/dating and now i'm coming out.

I went home to relax and think about what had happened if i'd done it right. And on monday mom calls to say she hopes my varsity marks will improve now that i've gotten out from under my dark cloud. She was joking.
    But now i can see her poking her nose where it doesn't belong just as before.
    All i can says is that she's awesome.

now to tell my older brother and sister.
    his old fashion and she's just mischievous.
    I can handle her but him ?

2. Mister Gaga

Yes, she's definitely awesome!

And congrats bro, wish you the best for the future!

3. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww congrats on telling her, I'm glad she took it well. And don't stress about telling your siblings, approach it just like you did your mom, it's just something that you have to tell them. And don't forget that while their respective reactions probably matter a lot to you, your happiness doesn't depend on them. You've already made so much progress, telling them is just another step =] I went the opposite way and told my sister first, and I'm still waiting to tell my parents, but I'm sure with the support of your mom and friends, you'll be able to do it. Best of luck and let us know how it goes. =]

4. Bedroom Hymns

Congrats, man. I'm happy for you :slight_smile:.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats. I'm sure that waas hard, but it sounds like she was amazing in her love and acceptance :slight_smile: