1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks EC for helping me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kem, Jan 23, 2012.

1. kem

kem

I've been out to my friends for a couple of months now! I'm so glad that I can be everything that I am with the most important people in my life. I'm not surprised by how well they've taken it, because I knew exactly what they thought of glbts. Even though knowing they'd support me, I was afraid to come out because of my own insecurities, which I've been able to overcome thanks to EC. I also had some difficulties with a major crush on my friend. I'm still not over it, but your advice helped me decide on moving on.
    Having a place where you know you'll have support is tremendously empowering. Thanks for being there! I'm readying myself to coming out to my parents, but I don't see it happening soon. (*hug*)(*hug*)

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations on taking the steps to come out! EC is really an amazing and unique resource and it's all because of the people here that contribute their stories and experiences :slight_smile:

And... no rush for coming out to the parents. I think a time will come when you want them to know and that's often when you get in a relationship or something meaningful happens in your life. Until then... just get to know yourself better. :slight_smile:

3. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I'm very happy for you, Morphim.
    (*hug*)
    I wish nothing but the best for you.