1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some one from work knows now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hidinginalabama

So yesterday I came out to some one at work. Note I'm a construction worker and most of the guys I work with are very homophobice and hate gay for some reason I dont get. But anyways. We were sitting in the break shake waiting to go home. It was the end of shift. So we were just sitting there and talking. And some how it came up and he asked if I had a girlfriend witch I said no. He asked why and I said that I just really did want one. I also said that I'm not like most guys. He asked in what why. Then I asked him if he thought that he had an open mind to somethings. Witch he said yes. I showed him a picture of me and my boyfriend. He looked at the picture of a minutes or two and thought about it. He looked at me and said so thats no your friend that your talking to on the phone during lunhc is it. I said no its my boyfriend that I talk to. Seconds later some one walks in so we had to stop talking about it. I think it went rather well. He has'nt acted different to me at all and working with him today went rather well too.

So I did it. I finally came out to some one at work. I never thought that I would do it anytime soon but I did and it maked it feel so much better. Maybe one day I will be about to talk about who I'm with openly at work. One can always dream.:icon_bigg

2. maverick

Congratulations, but be careful. Alabama can be a pretty scary place to be gay sometimes. You just have to be a good judge of character and know who you can confide in without putting yourself in danger.

Sounds like you picked a guy who doesn't care much one way or the other, but you said yourself you work in a pretty homophobic atmosphere, so watch your step.

3. Hidinginalabama

Yes very true but for now things are going good and he hasn't told any one.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good job, man, congrats! Hopefully if these guys respect you as a hard worker and reliable and all that they won't turn into jerks when word gets around. Did you ask this guy not to spread it around or doesn't it matter if he does? I can just imagine next time you're on the phone at lunch time he'll point toward you and tell the guys that you're on the phone with your bf. Even if he does, I hope the rest will be fine with it as they should be since it has nothing to do with them. Take care :thumbsup:

5. Hidinginalabama

Everything has gown good so far with the guy that I told. He hasent told anyone that I know of and yes I did ask him to keep it to himself. I know how most of the guys would act around me and I'm just not really for any one else to find out at work just yet. And thanks you.

6. koolguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I'm so glad your friend took it easy. I know how difficult it is to tell someone that you are gay. It did not go on fine for me. Told my best friend that I was gay and he's stopped talking to me,and it's been 2 years now.I just deemed that he needed to know but I guess I made a mistake. Anyway, I realized that people must accept you for what you are not for what they want you to be. Life is short and It's better to take advantage of it every single day:icon_wink

7. Cute story bro. I've been thinking about telling someone where I work... The person I want to tell seems open-minded and has a gay brother, so I'm hoping it'll go well. However, there is some other guy who says he's homophobic (and he has more seniority than I do in the lab), so I'm planning to just keep a bit quiet around him :king: