1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pippin, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Pippin

Hia!

I'd like to share my first coming out story. It's not particularly eventful so I'm not sure why I'm posting it haha. Maybe it'll show that coming out isn't always bad and scary :slight_smile:

So I'd recently 'come out' to myself after thinking hard about my attraction to girls. I'd always been attracted to girls for as long as I could remember -- but I thought it was more of an 'open-minded appreciation of the female form' kind of attraction (I'm an artist so I like curves and angles and such) but after really thinking about it I realised it was definitely a sexual attraction.

I still love my boyfriend though. I'm still sexually attracted to him and to other men. What does this mean? Boys AND girls? Then it dawned on me -- I was bisexual. No two-ways about it. (lol)

A few weeks later me and my boyfriend were really drunk and as we were lounging drunkenly on his bed, drifting off to sleep, this happened;

''so I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual''
    ''I thought so''

and that was that haha.

He's not the most open-minded of guys normally but something about 6 months ago clicked in his brain which went something like 'ah, forget it. Anyone can love anyone/thing. It's not hurting anyone' so I think that's why I felt so comfortable coming out, drunk or not haha.

So yeah. Even though it was easy, and he already had his suspicions as it turns out, I'm still really proud of myself for doing it! :grin:

I'm not sure who to tell next though ... should I even bother? I mean -- I'm already with a guy so on the face of it I'm straight anyway. Is it worth the fuss?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey that's cool you said it and he was good about it. You bring up a point I've thought of before too. Why bother making an announcement of bisexuality? Chances are good you'll end up with an opposite gender person anyway since there are so many more straight/bi people in the world than gay. I wouldn't bother mentioning it unless it comes up in conversation and you feel like it then go ahead.

3. Pippin

Hia mnguy thanks for replying!

That's what I was thinking, too actually. I've been with my boyfriend 3 1/2 years and I don't think we'll be breaking up anytime soon so it's not like I'll be bringing home girlfriends and have to explain or anything.

I think I'll do that -- just not bother saying anything unless someone asks. You never know how someone'll react and I don't think I could be bothered to deal with all the questions and things when people'll assume I'm straight anyway haha