1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long Have You Been Coming Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SpikySpice, Dec 27, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

Ive been out since after I joined EC a couple of months, and it seemed like everything is OK so far =]

The 1st person I came out to was my sister, she was really supportive but she's still sad till today

2. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to the first person 4 months ago, in August. Since then I came out to 3 more...4 people in 4 months. :slight_smile: So far no negative reactions :icon_bigg It was harder for some, easier for others, but they all accepted it (maybe except my mom, who doesn't talk about it), but no rejection so far(!)

3. biisme

i've been soming out since october 10th of this year. i've come out to nine friends - and all of them are great, and i've come out to my parents who've also been great

4. Ty

Ty Guest

ive come out once, but as Bi and it was over MSN cause i didn't have the balls to do it face to face.
    She was an exception though, I doubt they'll be anymore to come in 2008..

5. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I came out to my two friends...
    5 days ago. The start of my school's Winter Break =]

6. Sam

Sam

I've been coming out since I was 17 so for four years. I'm out to basically all my friends and my moms side of the family, its been mostly positive with a few negative, the few being a few cousins of mine but I wouldn't take it back. I'm working on coming out to my dads side of the family..... it may take a while!

7. CelebrityHead

I came out to my mum, grandmother and brothers a year ago today, actually
    ...And my best friends about two or three weeks ago.

8. biisme

that's great!

9. crimsonarcher

I first came out on March 2nd of 2007 to 2 straight friends of mine.
    It was kinda surprising because seeing them as straight, i'd expect some repulse..but no, they accepted it.

10. davo-man

Started coming out in the start of 2005, finished in Oct of this year

11. Jim1454

I came out to my wife a year ago in November, so it's been over a year now.

12. JeremyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my parents on October 23rd of this year. I also came out to my Bi friend the morning I told my parents. And I just started to get comfortable telling people from there. So I'm out to everyone now =)
    ...And I've only had to send 2 kids to the vice principal for harassment.

13. Jonnnnn16

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

I remember when you told me like it was yesterday!
    ^_^

14. chrisb

I came out in February of 2006 and then about a month or two later i was completley out to everyone in my family, my friends from high school....i have a few homophobic cousins, but whatever i don't regret coming out at all.

15. sexyalex

Jebus i have multiple feeling. one of disappointment(in myself) and one of confusion. I have too many homophobic people in my family to come out period. and i am disappointed in my self for being a coward. =(

16. chrisb

Alex you know how many people feel the same way as you.... i'm just curious if youre a big reader, you should really read some of the great coming out stories.

17. CelebrityHead

You aren't a coward. A lot of us (fortunately not myself) are or were in your situation, with homophobic relatives. But we're all here for you if you want to try and overcome that obstacle in your life and move on from there.

You are anything but a coward. A coward wouldn't be here, trying to figure things out.

18. Astaroth

Well, my history was pretty much laid out in my coming out thread. Basically, the first few people I came out to were people I knew online but had never met in real life when I was 15. Then I told my girlfriend/fiancee just before the end of senior year. Shortly after that, I told the rest of my circle of friends all at once during a game of truth or dare. I just told my best friend (finally) last week. And I'm planning on telling my parents in the next week or two if I can get up the courage. So, over all, I've been coming out for a decade now. In some ways, I wish I could have done it sooner so I could feel as relaxed as I do now, but there's no use regretting the past. I'm just working to make my future open and bright asap.

19. ccdd

ccdd Guest

After a long decade or so, I finally came out to myself at the end of this November just gone. I came out to one of my very trusted friends (who is bi) within the same hour. So I have been coming out for about a month. A long way to go still (and still figuring it out!!)!! But since the epiphany, the comings out have been happening quite fast - probably due to the long gestation period of my own personal realisation.

20. Grof142007

I started coming out a Like Back In March 2007 (i think) my Official out status started at October 11th 2007