1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attempts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dante, Feb 11, 2012.

1. dante

Hello all. I'm a young and also a new member that has recently joined. I would consider myself bi, but I've been leaning towards guys and they make me feel more comfortable. Anyways, I moved over the summer and came to a new school. I tend to be a sociable person and made good friends pretty fast. My last group of friends, from my old school, I'd been friends with for 6 years. Last year, I told one close friend in that group that I considered myself bi. He swore not to tell anyone, but then did. He told other close friends. They reacted poorly, often hurtfully joking about it, mostly behind my back. I eventually was forced into to lying, and told them it was a "phase" and "basically a joke", which of course it was not. From them on I decided not to tell anyone else, in fear this may happen again. I don't know how my newer friends will react so I've decided to keep in a secret. But, recently I have some suspicions a friend that I am attracted to I made may also be gay or bisexual. We got into talking about how we heard that some indie musicians we liked were gay. After thinking about I conversation, I realized that the only people they indie musicians told were other homosexuals on a homosexual discussion website. So the only way he could of known this is if he went on the website too. In addition to that, we have tended to have some feelings towards each other. One friend jokingly said she would like to see us as a couple, and she always tries to make us hug or kiss. We both seem to pretend me think the idea is weird, but judging by the way we both react, I think we both like it or feel comfortable with it. I'd like to talk to him about it in an indirect way. Does anyone else have or have had experiences (either the coming out or the possibly gay friend) like this? Well anyways, it felt good to vent this and I'd like to hear thoughts from you all. :slight_smile:

2. Cute story, bro. I say go for it.

I don't really have any stories related to yours, but I did get suspicions that one of my previous professors was gay from his facebook (back when I did use that horrid website). I talked to him about it, and things turned out pretty cool :grin:.

3. Marlowe

This sounds pretty promising, but my experience has been don't assume people are gay. It tends not to turn out well, because it is easy to see what you want to see, especially when you have a crush. That being said, he sounds like he has no problem with gay people and so the first step might be to come out to him, if you feel comfortable, this opens up a great avenue for him. My feeling is that you never want to push people or ask them to come out, but that you should give him an opening if you can. As far as being more indirect, I am not subtle enough to come up with anything, but why do you want to/ feel the need to do it indirectly. I would say you should go for it.

4. Valibas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After my initial coming out (which was horrible horrible horrible,) i never really came out unless i was asked what i liked, then i didnt lie would just say it. best of luck with your friend though =)

5. dante

Hi guys. Thanks for your kind and supporting words. I've come out to 4 friends, all of which are understanding and 2 have some gay family members. One of those friends is urging me to come out to him (my crush), but from what she tells me he's not gay or bisexual. She said she wasn't sure though. I may come out to him eventually, but I don't intend on telling him my feelings as he really likes me as a friend and I'm not sure how he would react. Thanks again for your advice guys. :slight_smile:

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good.

7. TheAMan

I say go for it and give it a shot. He sounds like he's in to you bro.