1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i trying to decide too quickly?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anonomous teen, Feb 13, 2012.

1. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Over the past month its hit me that i very may well be gay. Now, i have no problem with this and would happily embrace it, but i just want to be certain that im doing the right thing. I would hate to finally accept im gay, when all along i was simply just jumping ahead of myself and am still straight.

Can someone help with me making up my mind. I mean, im certainly into guys A LOT more than chicks, but i just want to be certain. And ive secretly known i like guys for a few years now. This isnt anything new

2. scooby

A terrific computer game was sent to me by a friend a few months ago. It was called "How To Tell If You're Gay".

Question 1. Are you attracted to people of your gender?

(me: "yes")

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE GAY!

3. Holmes

What age are you? Not that it should make a difference, but it's good for context. But if you prefer boys to girls, it does sound like you're gay. It doesn't mean you have to tell everyone straight away, let someone know who will give you the time to talk about these things properly, and in whatever way makes sense.

4. elzbth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I also wonder about this because I feel like bisexuality is such a controversial issue - mustn't there be a preference? I'm not sure. I know that I'm attracted to both genders, but I also don't have a ton of experience with guys, mostly girls (I'm a girl), and I don't know how much that is influencing me. It's definitely complicated.

5. I'm kind of going through the same thing right now. I've been coming out to people as bi for a couple years here and there...and now I get this overwhelming feeling that I am gay. Even though I know for a fact I am attracted to girls as well...Sometimes I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself with the whole coming out thing and I don't want to accept it because I'm afraid its the "wrong decision" where there really is no decision at all...you are who you are...
    since I'm in a similar situation to you I feel I'm not the best to give advice on the matter except to let you know that it's completely normal and definetly not an easy situation to deal with

6. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im 18 and kinda just wonder if im getting too ahead of myself. I have never been in a relationship lasting more than a month and have never had sex (male or female).

I deffinately find women attractive and can admire how they look, but i deffinately feel sexually attracted to guys.

7. Holmes

Just because someone is bisexual, it doesn't mean they can't have a preference. Just like I'm attracted to men, but might have a preference for one hair colour. Not quite the same, but bi does not mean being attracted to both men and women equally.

8. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's because women ARE attractive. There are many women I love looking at, I just don't want to have sex with them. :slight_smile:

9. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rob, valid point. I think that pree much answers my question. Yes ive always imagined myself snuggling up to a woman and kissing, but never really fanticised about sex. With a guy however, all of the above and more :wink:. So basically i can finally start telling myself i am gay. I even saw this really hot guy come into work today. It felt good to stare as he walked away :slight_smile: