1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out church! Advice!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by peanutbutter, Feb 14, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

How do I come out to Christian fellowship?

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

first maybe talk with the youth minister :slight_smile: or the priest if u want to maybe they can help u with the words n support u deserve

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would try to come out to the people that you are closest to first. Then you can go from there. I would also test the waters and see how they react to issues like gay marriage.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take it that your church is a liberal church?

5. thereshewas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you have close friends in the fellowship, coming out to them first (if you expect them to be supportive) can be a good way to start. I actually talked to my campus minister before I talked to anyone else, and she was immensely helpful. Fortunately, I knew she would be accepting before I went to her... otherwise I imagine I would have been more nervous.

Also, make sure you actually come out to them. I told a good number of people in my fellowship and expected that between the natural spreading of news and comments by me everyone else would know, too. The end result was that I thought I was out to a good number of people for a full semester before I realized this was not the case. Oops. Of course, you don't need to come out to everyone if you don't want to... sometimes it can be easier to take it one at a time.

Good luck! I really hope everything works out well for you :slight_smile: