1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by stephaniko, Feb 16, 2012.

1. stephaniko

So of all my friends I have this one guy who I consider one of my best friends and he is a real tough guy. the shotguns and camo kind of southern guy. so I was really worried he would reject me when I came out to him as bigender but I just sort of got the guts and told him. he is so cool with it and its an amazing feeling. he accepted me right away as a guy and I've never had a feeling so wonderful.

2. secretguyX

That's amazing. I'm so happy for you and proud you did it. :eusa_clap

3. stephaniko

thank you, had a rather rocky coming out with a different friend after that. but I suppose I need to count my victories not my losses

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Congratulations on coming out to your best friend. It is absolutely fantastic that he as accepted you for you and is supportive.

You are going to have some friends or people who might have a hard time coming around to it at first but will (likely) at some point. By coming out to others you give them the chance to get to know you at a deeper level, and also a different side, which they haven't seen or imagined before. Even though it didn't go the way you perhaps thought it would, you can still be proud off having come out. Maybe your friend will still come around. (*hug*)