1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out on Tumblr

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anonomous teen, Feb 16, 2012.

1. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohk, so a lot of my friends have tumblr and it is easy to remain anonymous wen creating a profile. Would it be a good idea to anounce my sexuality on there (without saying who i am), but tell everyone the very general area where i live and that they do in fact kno me. This way i am kinda 'coming out' to my friends, but not having to worry about their reactions too much for the time being. I can tell everyone who i am at a later date wen im ready.

i myself have never used tumblr. Does anyone have some advice in getting this started (eg, finding my friends and getting them to follow my posts). And does anybody agree/disagree with thos approach????

2. stumble along

Getting their tumblr is as easy as asking them if they have a tumblr and they will write down their URL and you type it in and hit the follow button after signing up.
    It can be useful to come out to them on tumblr but if you follow the majority of your friends they can and probably will figure it out themselves after awhile.
    The fact that they have a tumblr would suggest to me that you shouldn't be getting any bad responses since most if not all tumblr users a liberals.
    You can do what i did and set up a tumblr, use it for a while to garner reblogs and posts that would obviously indicate you are gay/bi/whatever, and when people ask you for your tumblr you give it to them if you feel comfortable letting them know.
    The one con is that you won't be able to stop them from linking it to other people so whatever you do tell them not to spread it around and choose who you tell very carefully.

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I've had tumblr for about a year now and from what Ive seen there is a big gay population on tumblr and it's something that is very accepted there. I'm very open about my sexuality there and sometimes make personal texts post talking about my boyfriend and so on and Im not harassed or anything at all. I even sometimes link my blog to my facebook( this is only if youre ready to come out though) to get people from my school to follow me hehe