1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not the best experience

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bluebirduphigh, Feb 18, 2012.

1. bluebirduphigh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I fought with this one for quite a while, but I eventually came out to my mum in floods of tears :confused: It was horrible. Basically my nan had posted some really homophobic comments on facebook (1 of many) and this time it really hurt my feelings and it all just came out (so to speak!) My mum was great as I knew she would be, but actually I just felt so awkward at the time, and still do to some extent that I wonder if it was actually worth it.
    Maybe it was the wrong time in life to do it, but at least I know with mum that she wont ever mention it unless I want to talk about it. Suffice to say that it doesn't always live up to expectations of relief as I thought it might.
    I really admire people that can be so open and comfortable with it, but I know alot of it is to do with my own issues.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Even though your coming out didn't go the way you were hoping or didn't give you the feeling that you thought you are going to have afterward, not every coming out will feel like this. Feeling awkward, is a common feeling. The important thing here is that you have come out, and were able to talk about yourself and open up. This is already something to be proud off.

As you start dealing with the other issues that are going on in your life, and perhaps also gain a different perspective on life, or at least on the issues that you are facing, you might also start feeling differently about coming out. (*hug*)

3. bluebirduphigh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What a lovely, positive post thank you. I hope that one day it call all just become as normal in my life as everything else....well close to normal anyway!