1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your parents give you grief before you came out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Christiaan, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Hey, am I the only one here who had a parent giving him grief for being a flamer, for years, before finally acknowledging being gay? I have to tell you, I am a mega-flamer. If I were just effeminate, that would be possible to conceal or overlook. However, I'm also highly eccentric and rather hyperactive. Therefore, I was probably the last person in my life to realize I was gay. I swear to you that, when I "came out," there was a sense of, "thank God he's not trying to pretend he's straight anymore: it was getting pathetic." I really was the last to know.

Seriously, did anyone else have it happen this way?

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sensing two questions here. "Did anyone's parent(s) give them grief for being a flamer" and "Does anyone's coming out story sound like this?

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2012 at 06:37 PM ----------

If that's the case I'll answer both. First question- No, I did not have a parent give me grief for being a flamer, mainly because I never let who I am as a person show when I was around them, so they never saw it. Second question- Yes, I was the last person to realize that I was gay. Everyone was like, "FINALLY! We were wondering when he come out, and stop hiding."

3. No One

First off, the term "Flamer" is highly offensive and you shouldn't use it.

Secondly, yes, but only because they are paranoid about it.

4. Seraph

My parents said my hairstyle looks like 'gay' type.
    [​IMG]
    I think they're just old-fashioned so I just laugh it off.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Yes, mother.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2012 at 06:49 AM ----------

Your folks sound awesome. One thing that I have to thank my mom for, though, was that her scolding actually taught me to control my signals very well, so I can actually turn it on and off pretty much at will thanks to her. It's just one more bit of control that I have in my life, you know?

Heh, anyway, your folks sound like wonderful people.

6. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    they said mine looks gay!! :lol:

7. b0i70y

All the signs had been there... Female holloween costumes, most of my friends were girls, etc...

My parents had never really been pushing me to come out or anything. They didn't really know what to think, seeing as how I was so straight and gay at the same time.

Ultimately I just told my mom I was bi, and she's just like, "You're a little young to know that, sweetheart." (I was nine)

At fourteen I tried again - told her about my relationships with guys, and she finally accepted it as part of me.

No guilt trips though.

8. xXPsychedelicXx

I haven't officially come out yet, but at the moment, I'm getting a lot of comments about my "lesbian haircut". The fact that I'm bitter towards all men probably isn't helping my situation either.

:roflmao:

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not really grief my Dad went catatonic for about 45 minutes then came around and started moving again

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents wondered why I did not come out sooner.

11. Pilgrim is hot

my mom has always been very sympathetic to LGBT issues, she has online LGBT friends but she has never said anything remotely that has enquired or hinted to me and my dad like never talks about gay issues at all, although I have never had a proper girlfriend and I'm 24 so I'm thinking that must be a big clue lol,

When my stepmom asked my dad about why I don't have a girlfriend he said "he might be gay, you never know nowadays" that made me laugh I have to admit :lol: she followed up by saying there's no chance I'm gay and shes tried to set me up with a girl since lol :bang: