1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sort of coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by colorful, Feb 18, 2012.

1. colorful

So I was talking to my brother and I said I don't understand Twitter. He said me either, the only reason I have one is to follow Neil Patrick Harris. I said oh really? I only have one to follow Hannah Hart. Isn't that funny? He didn't respond, but I just thought it was funny. I mean I'm questioning and I think he suspects it. I sometimes wonder if he is too even though he says he's not. I know I was intentionally hinting to him and I just think it would be funny if he was doing the same...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you feel that he suspects that you are questioning, and given that you have tried to intentionally let him know that you are questioning, why not try talking to him, and letting him know? If you feel that he would be able to keep it between the two of you, until you are ready to come out to your parents, maybe talk to him.

3. secretguyX

Well, after hinting to him, he probably already thinks your gay/bisexual/whatever. So it doesn't seem it will matter much to him. And if he is, which it does seem to be that he was hinting to you to, he may feel more comfortable telling you if he knows you feel the same way. You should just talk to him about it.

4. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That being the case...I'm kind of jealous of you hahaha. Every. single. person. in my family is straight as a board...so if you're lucky enough to have someone as close as your brother understand what you're going through, then I gotta say you should find out whether you can count on him as a confidant or not. If not...well it doesn't exactly sound like your brother is a homophobe if the only reason he has twitter is to follow NPH hahaha