1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kylegf2011, Feb 19, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I told a friend about me being gay, and he didnt say anything he was like "whatever" I dont care. Then a few days later, he came to me and told me he was really ok with me being gay and all, but he was certain that I wasnt gay, because Ive had girlfriends before (actually I only had one). I told him I was pretty sure, and he said that one thing is to think guys are cute, and the other is to make out with one, and he told me not to do it, he said I should try making out with a girl, so that I can see how great it is.

So that means he isnt that ok with it? lol I think not so much

2. secretguyX

Well, it sounds like he'll be fine with it eventually, but has to get used to the fact. Some guys seem to not understand how you can be gay, because they're so in love with girls. He doesn't seem the type of friend that you're gonna be like, "Hey, so i like this new guy now" or so. But he doesn't hate it, he just isn't used to it. Just give him time to realize you don't want to make out with a girl, and rather a guy.

3. TheAMan

To an extent he sounds like he's fine with it but he's just not convinced that you're really gay. Give him time. He'll come around.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As the above posters mentioned, it seems that your friend while being okay with it, and being accepting (at some level) is probably needing a bit of time to adjust to come around fully. Give him some time and space if he needs.

Congratulations though on coming out to him, and having taken that step! That's great! :slight_smile:

5. HarleyRider

Congrats on actually coming out to your friend! That's one step in front of me. I haven't told anyone. I wanted to tell my best friend (of 11 years) the last time I was in the States but I of course backed out cause I was too scared. I feel though he would react like your friend. He has seen me with alot of girls so I'm sure he would just feel like I was messing with him. Guess there's only one way to find out...

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HR, a lot of it has to do with HOW you tell someone. If you give him a casual "LOL I LIKE GUYS OK BYE" text, then yeah, they're going to think you're messing with him (or somebody stole your phone). If you tell him, "I've been working up the nerve to talk to you about something important to me", or something along those lines, they're more likely to take you seriously.

Lex