1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my two best friends!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sepphhyy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So last night I texted one of my friends and told her that I wanted to talk to her and our other friend tomorrow(meaning today). So I met them at my other friends house, and we sat at the kitchen table. I was like rambling for like 5 minutes about how it's nothing bad or anything. So I started to read the letter that I wrote to them, but was kind of summarizing it. And finally I said, "Well you know how I've never talked about relationships or people I like. Well that's because I'm gay."

I was trembling before and after I said it. I felt so stupid for being nervous this whole time because they were excited that I finally did it. They told me that they already knew but didn't want to ask because they wanted me to do it on my own so I'd be more comfortable. After that was out I told them when I found out and everything.

Now I rarely cry, but I was so happy I actually did!! I also told them about how ever since middle school I thought being gay was a bad thing because the kids called me it, and I never knew what it meant. I just knew that it made me different from everyone I ever knew.

My one friend was so upset about my story that she couldn't even look at me. My other friend was just crying openly because she felt so bad.

I couldn't have asked for better friends! I love them for accepting me. And the funny part was that saying "I'm Gay", wasn't even hard for me to do. My one friend was having a hard time actually saying that I was gay, because she doesn't define me that way so it's weird for her to say. I don't think that I can properly explain what she said but it really made me feel good.

Anyway the point is that I'm so proud of myself for finally telling my 2 best friends. And to anyone out there who's terrified of coming out, let me tell you, it is such a relief. You can finally be your full self in front of the people you love. I know not everyone has such a good circumstance was me, but it's seriously liberating. I've never felt so confident in my ENTIRE life.

Thanks to everyone at Empty Closets for your support and advice. I really wouldn't have been able to do it without you! This is only the beginning for me, but now I have a rock solid support system between EC and my friends!

Sepphhyy

2. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    wow thats awesome!!!!! :grin: i wish my best friend from was like yours when i came out, we argued and she said its wrong, so that relationship just died. but yeah, im really stoked for u!!!! Congrats :slight_smile:

3. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw im sorry that happened to you. I have a friend that I really dont wanna tell because shell have the same reactions as yours.

But thanks!!

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey thats great congratulations.

5. TheAMan

Congrats man! I'm so happy for you. Are you planning on telling anyone else?

6. MrHojalata98

thats awesome im hapy for you, now if only we were all as brave as you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: