1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i was forced out of the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anthonyross, Feb 20, 2012.

1. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really i trusted the wrong people to tell that iwas gay and since,i was comfortable with myself i started to still to myself and only spoke two people my sister and her friend well i have a fear of people and they used the things i told them and i had a breakdown and rumors are everywhere i go and. having panic atacks just need advice

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Don't let yourself feel intimidated by the kinds of people who spread and believe rumors. They are universally the trashiest, lowest people in existence, and you are well above zeros and nobodies who have to act like that.

When you are confronted with rumors like that, taunt them. Walk with an exaggerated swish. Rub their noses in the fact that you are NOT going to be victimized, especially by a bunch of idiotic, useless gossips who HAVE THE GALL to think they have a right to judge you.

Because what I am seeing in you is that you are letting people scare you. People are like dogs: if you run, they will chase. If you act apologetic, they will think you have done something wrong. You haven't done anything wrong. There is no reason whatsoever to let people intimidate you over this. It's not right.

That's my view, anyway. Good luck.

3. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^^ That. that is some very useful advice.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Thank you, Luxord, though I would certainly be cautious about how far I went in antagonizing in really redneck places...there is a limit to how far brashness can get you before it gets to be more trouble than it's worth, so there is merit in being calculating.

HOWEVER!!!

We really need a gay version of this famous rant:

:grin:

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 10:39 AM ----------

Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) - "Nose Speech" & "Fencing Ballade" - YouTube

6. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here the funniest part 6'2 and 330 pounds and scared

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 10:58 AM ----------

What kind i say just got the point where fighting and sticking up for myself got to be a more trouble than worth

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Well, remember, the central part of sticking up for yourself is not letting people make you unhappy or down on yourself. A self-assured, genuinely friendly smile is worth a thousand punches, and it's a lot less hazardous to your health. When you let yourself get defensive, you've already lost the real battle.

8. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really thank you for great advice i really need to hear that

9. sanguine

omg i know how that feels, i told the wrong guy and it spread, but the best thing out of this whole experience was that no one gave me strife at all, shocked some people, but no one cared along enough anyways,i dont think it spread very far also, the only problem i had was my parents but even that blew off

10. Chickzak

You've said it perfectly, I absolutely secound this. Whatever they say, just shake it of and smile. You dont want to get defensive about anything, just well done for actually coming out to 2 people, I think thats amazing. You had the courage to do that and the fact that they went and spread this, woah. Seriously, I dont even know what to say to that.(*hug*)

Dont even think about that, whats done is done right? Just look to the future now and just think, in a couple of weeks, this is not going to be that much of a big deal. You just have to take the punches, but dont worry it will get better. I've got through crazy times with people, you just have to keep you head up and when it passes, it's going to make you stronger. Dont ever forget that.

And if you like, I'm here to chat if you like xD Everything will be fine, hope you're ok :slight_smile: (*hug*)

11. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thing is i suffer from depression and after my breakdown i decide to stop taking my medicine i never moved on and made it point to tell people about my problems and to endless talk about everyone people sick of me including myself now scared and seeing stuff

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 01:16 PM ----------

I have a host of mental
    issue and for the life of me i think someone hgoing to hurt me now

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Moreover im petty not only do push people away i judge them and mania state say wrong things

#11 anthonyross, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  12. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I was depressed at your age, too. I was also morbidly obese (god, that's changed), short (that last growth spurt was a doozy), and I was in many ways self-destructive and self-defeating. I honestly didn't have a chance to be a teenager until my 20s.

If I didn't realize you had trouble smiling or being happy, I wouldn't have had any purpose in telling you, "smile, and be happy." I've been there. I honestly didn't learn to smile until I was 19: on top of everything else, I was high-functioning autistic. Look, I REALLY DO know how you feel when you think, "well, that's easier said than done." Damn right, it's easier said than done. It still has to be done. Pulling yourself out of your depression is going to be the hardest thing you ever do in your life. You're going to have to be brave.

You are a kid. It's time that you started acting like a kid. Learn how to have fun. Run, jump, climb, and chase boys. Do it, man. This is the appropriate time in your life to do it. Get into trouble, for crying out loud. Do something crazy like sticking your hand down another guy's pants and shouting, "found the sausage!" That would be excessive if you actually did it, but THINK about doing it. Think about how funny it would be.

Instill happiness in your life with iron determination, man. That's what it's going to take. It's not going to BE there unless you go to a hell of a lot of trouble to PUT it there.

13. anthonyross

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well im 28 and thing i can talk about is stupid job

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2012 at 02:24 PM ----------

That what i use to define me im a worker

14. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Hey, that's the same age I am. I misguessed your age by about ten years, so I guess that proves how perceptive I am.

I honestly think that you are going to start seeing a massive improvement in your mental health, now you're out of the closet. That's probably one of the big things that have been wearing on you. You never realize how much it eats at you, keeping it secret even from yourself, until it's come out.

Thanks for sharing your situation with us, by the way.