1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in a week!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sloaners, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sloaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A year and a half ago I started dating my girlfriend. I was still identifying my sexuality so I didn't tell everyone until I was sure. I now identify as a lesbian, and I am no longer scared for anyone to know. :slight_smile:
    Last Sunday I was on the phone with my mom and she asked if I was dating anyone and I promised myself if it came up naturally I would tell her I'm dating Jess. So I said "actually yeah, Jess and I are together and I'm really happy." I knew she wouldn't reply badly, she just said you know I don't care I just want you to be happy, and I've always thought you and Jess were more than friends. It was so easy! I can't believe I took so long.
    A few days later, I told two of my friends from high school and they were super supportive and asked me a billion questions without making me feel uncomfortable at all! Then I guess I was just on a roll, because I told everyone at work. They were shocked and some didn't believe me, but everyone was cool about it. I'm so lucky to work for a very gay friendly company!
    I still have a few people I'm dreading to tell. Two friends back home, my siblings and extended family. I told my brother once that I liked girls (but not that I was dating my girlfriend) and he was super supportive at first but then he was trying to set me up with his
    male co-worker? I think I need to let him know that I'm serious. My sister will be the most difficult, she hasn't had a lot of exposure to gay people. My friends will be shocked, but once the awkwardness is over it will be good. And I may just leave it to my
    mom to tell everyone else haha.

I'm so proud of myself and happy to finally be me. It's liberating to show people this is who I am and this is who I love! I can't believe I did it all in a week, but I was finally ready. I just want everyone to know. It feels great!*

2. Bosco

Wow a huge congrats to you! :grin:
    Always great reading such positive stories.
    (actually makes me somewhat jelly... Hahaha kidding)

3. 55

Fantasitic news!! :eusa_clap I'm sure it will go just as well with your family and back-home friends if you ease them into the conversation and are willing to answer their questions.

Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats awesome congratulations

5. Custard

Wow! That's amazing!<3 That must have taken a lot of courage but I bet you feel insanely better for telling some of you're friends/coworkers. I don't know you, so it weird to say I'm proud? XD

6. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

That's awesome. Congrats!

7. TheAMan

Yeah you go girl! Lol!

8. Sadepeura

Wow, it really sounds like it happened fast and unpainfully! Congratulations! And good luck with the rest.*;D I'm so happy for you!

9. Noir

That's so great, it makes me so happy to hear that things went so well for you!:icon_bigg Good luck with the others!