1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheAMan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TheAMan

My coming out experience has been a mixed bag. It started out bad but as of late it has been good.

The first person I told was a kid on my baseball team. We had known each other for years and I had a major crush on him. I told him over the phone how I felt about him but he kindly rejected me. It seemed like things were good but he went out and told the whole team and everyone he knew that I liked him. I was so embarrassed and I had to tell so many lies just to cover it up. :icon_redf

I tried again a year later and I told a good friend of mine because I was so sure he liked me. Turns out he didn't but he put me down easy and unlike the first boy, he has kept it a secret till this day.:icon_bigg

Over halloween a friend of mine told me he was bi and I later confessed that I was bi as well but I wasn't sure. We talked for a while and he got me to accept being bi was who I was.

After I told him I told 2 of my best friends who gratefully accepted me and reacted a lot better than I thought they would. So far 5 people know I'm bi and they all accept me for who I am.(!) I plan to make it 6 tonight so wish me luck.

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there! Don't worry about rejection, it happens... Good luck on tonight :slight_smile:

3. TheAMan

He didn't show up so I couldn't tell him. This really throws me off as I had a plan in place.

4. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw, I'm sorry dude, that sucks. Well, maybe next time you two meet up you can tell him.

5. TheAMan

He's on facebook and I've been debating about telling him there.

6. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not a good idea...when dealing with these kind of things they should be done in person, and besides, you really don't want to do it on Facebook, even if it's just in a message... You never know who could hack you account and make it public...

7. Hidinginalabama

Way to go you. Congrats

8. TheAMan

Touche. I did tell one friend over facebook and he accepted me but I better not push my luck.

9. coming out has its ups and downs. I started very slowly a couple years ago and am now at the point where its the big hitters, friends I've had since we were babies, and my family. saved them for last but now I have the support of my friends to fall back on and maybe even a boyfriend soon :slight_smile: I'm excited to let them know because I know how good I will feel afterwards, but I'm nervous if they end up rejecting me because I live on the same street as all the friends i left for last, and i still live with my parents...so it could be awkward :/

But just go for it, you've already started down the path of coming out there is no turning back, right? I told a friend last night I havnt seen in years and he already knew and is very supportive

10. TheAMan

Awesome dude. I'm still working on getting my close friends out of the way then I'll move up to family and then hopefully the world.

Oh and I like your signature because that is too true.

11. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know you've been wanting to tell him soon. Is there any way you can meet up with him over the weekend?

Isn't it? I love Bi's signature, it's true, at least the first half for me...lol

12. TheAMan

Oh I was talking about Bi's signature but I like yours too. :icon_bigg

We could have talked tonight at church at the ash Wednesday service but he didn't tell me he was going until like 2 hours before it started. Had he told me yesterday, I could have gone today.

I can't meet with him this weekend because the we going on a trip to DC to see the MLK exhibit and the Wax museum. He's not going because he didn't pay in time.:icon_sad:

I really wanted him to go because I wanted to go look at cute boys with him but oh well:dry:

13. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol In time, my friend, in time...

"The Lioness shall reap her reward as she lays there, watching her prey prancing towards her."

Don't worry about it, as the above quote states, you will have your chance when the time comes. Just sit it out and wait...I know another opportunity will come up :wink:

On another note, I was thinking of changing my signature to the chorus of Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger"...

14. TheAMan

Good idea

15. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    which one? lol

16. TheAMan

Changing your signature.

17. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ah...sometimes it's easy for me to lose track of the conversations. I'm ADHD, so... Look a squirrel!!!

18. i think my sig is tragic....I just try to have a good outlook on it haha

19. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tragic? Well, yeah, it's true, but I know eventually you'll find someone, so no worries right?

20. Merlot

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...try to stay sweet.