1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was so close to coming out to my brother... x-x

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Maxis, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not even funny.

My brother is in the U.S. army and is therefore very busy nowadays... We were Skyping each other earlier today (which is rare, because, well, he's so busy). We were talking for about half an hour and I suddenly felt like it was time. I mean, he's my brother, the first friend I had in my entire life. I felt like he should know.
    And he'd be the first family member to know, so that's a big step towards coming out to the entire world.
    But... He suddenly went offline, and I'm guessing it was for some sort of emergency. As I said, he's very busy in the military and everything...
    UGH. I'm so disappointed. x-x :bang: :dry:
    But, the time will come. :3 And atleast that means I don't have to worry right now what he thinks of me, lol. Besides, his job is more important than my coming out...
    Ah, just a bit frustrated is all, lol.

2. Custard

Gahh I bet that was a very nerve-wracking moment for you and disappointing when you couldn't tell him. I'm sorry.</3

Hopefully the next time you'll have enough time to tell him. No need to rush, your timing is all you. ♥:slight_smile:

Goodluck~!

3. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey at least you are a good sister and you came out to your friends! Only some people, as in verrrrryyy few, actually know and none of them are my family but my brother's friends suspect me a lesbian :bang:

4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys xx
    @Lucinda, it was, but oh well, you're right :slight_smile: One day :3
    @Sam, lol, just ignore them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: or kiss a guy to prove them wrong.
    ...one or the other

5. cscipio

I'm so terribly, terribly, terribly sorry for what I'm about to say - people might think I'm a terrible person for saying this. And I'm certain there will be an equal number of people who will agree -

If your brother is deployed, especially if he's a combat unit, wait until he comes home or is at least stateside before you come out to him. I'd never say such a thing if I hadn't seen such a large number of my friends crushed by family woe such as parents divorcing, their own wives divorcing, best friends dying, and so on.

I don't know you, I have the utmost respect for you, as I'm in no different boat than you by visiting this site for words of encouragement. And again, my most sincere apologies for sounding even slightly contrary to the purpose of this site or it's philosophy.

100% of me wishes and hopes that your brother will be happy, supportive, and love you more after hearing what you have to say, but, being seeing what my dearest friend went through when he and his fiance had trouble and he was in Iraq - I wouldn't wish that stress on any man.

If he's not deployed - best of luck!

6. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not the easiest thing to do especially when you are me and not the most attractive girl at all and carrying a little fat.

7. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand. Now that I think about it -- maybe it wasn't quite a good idea. He IS currently deployed in Afghanistan right now. He comes home in March though, so I can tell him then. :slight_smile:
    I'm not mad, you're right, lol. I'm just being derpy (as I'd like to call it). Maybe it was a good idea I never came out to him.

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2012 at 06:37 PM ----------

Walk up to a random guy and kiss him. Simple :thumbsup: lol jk

8. cscipio

Hope it goes well when he gets back home. When you're all done - tell him we said "Thank you for your service!"

9. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that's hilarious xD

10. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you and will do! :grin:

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Still be proud of yourself for trying. With every try, you are getting a step closer. When your brother is coming home in March, why not invite him to a coffee shop or for lunch and talk to him then...

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a good idea! :3

13. Lark

Lark Guest

Aw, so close D: Well, at least this gives you the chance to talk about it with him in real life, and when you aren't so pressed for time. :slight_smile: Good luck when the time comes~!

14. secretguyX

Well it's good that you're ready and willing. Good luck when you get the chance to do so! :thumbsup:

15. IrishJ

My first response was that how can a job be more important than your relationship with your brother until I read the post by cscpio. With further reflection I agree, I cannot fathom being overseas and having you share this detail of your life with me over skype/phone. I am sure that when he comes home in March, you will find the time and place to share this with him. Much more meaningful face to face and without his worry about his own personal security at the time. Go with grace..

16. Sayu

I thought for so many times I would tell my brother (who is three years older than me) about me, but every time I was just too scared to do that :frowning2: