1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liqour courage!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Carpe Diem, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My coming out story is somewhat similar to tiredofsleep's. It was unintentional but I was kinda glad it happened (several years ago) because coming out for the first time when I am sober seems like a farfetched idea.

I was at a bar (as usual) with one of my male friends (A), and I was pretty drunk (I was binging because I just finished a huge project and was feeling pretty good and relaxed).

The conversation went on something like this (pardon my language, I'm pretty condescending when I'm drunk :icon_bigg) :

A: Prima dona at 9 o'clock. Check her out, damn.
    Me: (Took a quick glance and continued chugging down my drink), I'd rather bone the bartender than that stick insect. (pointed at the male bartender)
    A: You mean (bartender's name)? She's not working today.
    Me: I know, $@#%@#!$
    A: Wait, what? Huh? I don't get it. So you're..? Dude, you're joking right?
    Me: Yeah, me, the joker (snorts).
    A: So you really are.. but you don't look.... gay... at all.
    Me: Spare me that stereotype bullsh*t, seriously.

(I continued spouting some incoherent nonsense that I don't remember. And he continued showering me with questions that I couldn't recall.)

A: So have you, like, f*cked a dude before? You're a top right?
    (Miraculously, I didn't break his nose for that)
    Me: I haven't.
    A: What about a kiss? How do you know you're gay? I still can't believe you like guys. You really don't look gay.
    Me: Yeah, I did kissed a guy before.
    A: In high school? Is it someone I know? When?
    Me: (looked at my watch) About .... 11.21pm today.
    A: (looked at his watch) here? But that's like now. I didn't see it.
    Me: (Leaned in and kissed him). There. Happy? Enough questions. Don't worry, you're not my type. Totally.

Turns out, A is also gay (I found out a few weeks later) and he's just playing straight when he's with me because he thought I was homophobic due to my physical appearance (what a way to judge a person). He accompanies me to gay bars occasionally. We remain as friends. So I guess all is well between me and him.

That kinda spurred my coming out. It's like a butterfly effect afterwards. I became more daring and came out to my friends and those who asked.

2. BudderMC

Heh, I love this. But congrats!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to him! It's definitely a different way to come out. :slight_smile:

4. cscipio

Love the story. I'm similar, a bit of booze primes the pump.

5. Custard

Oh my god that story is insanely amazing. Good for you! Hahaha, just made my day! X)

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is awesome! :icon_bigg

My question, though: is he actually not your type?

7. Lewnatic

Oh my god, the 11:21pm today line is amazing. I almost wish I had used that on my friend...it would have been an amazing awkward ice-breaker.

8. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Everyone, thanks for your comments!

However, I really don't think this is a viable option for coming out. That kiss on the lips ( I think it's just a simple peck on the lips, not french. I don't think I was drunk enough to french him, THANKFULLY) wasn't planned at all AND if he reacted badly that would be a total friendship killer.

It was his fault anyway for bombarding me with so many questions so the drunken me decided to shut him up with that.

Anyway, the day after that, I was banging my head on the wall when I recalled about the kiss and the coming out and tried to avoid him against my better judgment. We happened to bump into each other very soon and I just acted cool as if nothing happened until he brought it up and said he's totally cool with it (he revealed that he's gay too a few weeks later).

@gravity
    He isn't really my type. I just did it to stop him from asking me any more questions about my gay sex life which, at that point, was zero.

There were several occasions where I slept at his house and vice versa when we were drunk but nothing happened.

#8 Carpe Diem, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  9. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is the most badass Coming Out story I have ever read! LOL! Congratulations you crazy son of a bitch! :lol: