1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to another friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheAMan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TheAMan

So yesterday, as part of the youth of my church, I went to DC to see the MLK exhibit, the Wax Museum, and Potomac Mills Mall. I decided to use the trip to tell one of my best friends that I'm bi.

I started by dropping subtle hints during our conversations but he didn't seem to be picking them up. While we were at the mall, I debated on telling him then, or just wait until another day. I decided that now was good time.

So after making him promise not to tell anyone I told him I was bi. The funny part is that he barely had any reaction. He just said that he didn't mind and that he already knew. I asked him how did he know and he said, he could just tell from the way I acted. So I'm thinking wow all this time I thought he was the stupid one for not noticing my bi traits when all this time I was the stupid one.

Either way, it was another weight off my chest and now that I think about it, an unnecessary one at that.

2. JRNagoya

As I wrote in an e-mail to someone I came out to, "It's funny the things people refuse to accept when the truth is so obvious." Congratulations on knocking one more hurdle down. And like you said in the last line, we unnecessarily place upon ourselves undue burdens. Sometimes they're so heavy, you wonder why the bathroom scale doesn't break.

3. TheAMan

:lol: Funny metaphor. I needed that laugh.

4. EM68

Congrats!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your best friend! Glad you are feeling a bit relieved. :slight_smile:

6. cscipio

Easier from here on out.

7. jimL

Congratulations! I'm glad he reacted positively. Good luck on the next one.