1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Christmas Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by IHeartDisney, Dec 29, 2007.

1. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Ok well I guess had my first negative coming out experience the other night. On Christmas night my cousins all decided to hang out together after our Christmas party. Well long story short, my gay 28 y/o cousin who was drugged up on 8 Xanex and was drunk out of his mind decided it would be a great idea to ask if I was gay in front of everyone there. I couldn't believe that someone who was gay themself wouldn't have the sensitivity not to do it this way. He should have just asked me in private instead of forcing me to come out to an entire room of people, which included other people's b/f's and g/f's that I barely even knew. Oh and he also was asking me all of these innappropriate questions about if I've ever "done a guy" and other foolishness. I was so livid I could have knocked his teeth down his throat. Oh and then he was like "OMG let's all go to the gay bar" and it was 2am on Christmas night and I was like WTF? so I just took off and went home and felt sick about it all for 2 days. It's not like I care that people know I'm gay, it's just wrong that he made me come out in a big group of people like that. Pathetic....:bang:

2. CrimsonThunder

Well he was drugged up and drunk...

3. chrisb

I totally feel for you man..... my straight friends put me in weird situations similar to youres all the time like asking my sexual questions in front of people i barely know or in front of people who know im gay, but probably would not like to know details.... i've found it is best to be rude to them about it and they will find out youre sensitive about such talk in groups and they will back off and hopefully later apologize for being so insensitive.

4. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Sorry but that's no excuse in my book.

5. chrisb

It's not a excuse i agree i mean i've been pretty messed up drunk before but i still know right from wrong, plus hes gay he should know better.

6. biisme

i'm so sorry....

and, i'm sorry i can't make it better....but i can try with smilies!

:kiss: (*hug*) (&&&) :kiss: (*hug*) (&&&)

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmn... yeah, I hate to break it to you because you would think that if people were gay, they would be more sensitive to specific things, but it's like non-white people who are racist, women who hold sexist beliefs: gay people can be assholes too. Basically prejudice is not rational, so while it's rational to expect that people who have been oppressed would be less likely to oppress others, it doesn't work out that way because discrimination is an irrational process.

Given what a complete asshole your cousin was being, I would have said, "If YOU are what gay is, then there is NO WAY that I am 'gay!'"

And you're right, being altered is not an excuse.

Sorry you had to go through that...