1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closer Coming Out Than Ever...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xyc, Jun 18, 2006.

1. xyc

xyc

So, I came out last Sunday (exactly one week ago) to a female friend.

This coming out was different for me than most because she was a newer friend who lives right in my city and goes to my school and is in many of my classes, etc. etc. So... if things went wrong with her, the repercussions could be much worse than many others I've told...

Anyways, I started talking to her because she became depressed when he boyfriend dumped her harshly a while ago. So, I started comforting her and we quickly became friends. I love her personality and she says she likes mine (kinda quirky, interesting, and such). She says I'm incredibly interesting and she wishes she were interesting. We've become really good friends in a short time.

Slowly, this stupid thing about 'secrets' came into our relationship. I could tell she was very open-minded and decided I'd like to tell her, especially since school is so close to be over. (In fact, TWO days of high school left, then grad!)

My boyfriend had his grad party last Saturday and my conversation with my new female friend became even more confusing for her and we had amazing talks. The next day, she was confused and so I went to her house. We had about two hours of strained conversation... then I came out... then two more hours of amazing conversation. It was the best coming out for me.

Immediately after I came out, though, she said she felt stupid and awkward. Eventually, it came out that she thought I was gonna ask her out (part of our conversation was about the girl who's been trying to go out with me for months). Anyways, so it definitely came as a shock. She didn't believe I was gay for the longest time. For a few days, she stilll thought I might just say 'just joking'.

She's been great and has kept my secret. I've been able to have amazing (face-to-face) conversations with her, also, about things that are going on. I love it.

The only problem with this, is that I feel like I'm falling in love with her. She's intensely beautiful and has the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen... though I think it's her incredible personality that I'm attracted to mostly. Anyways, I came out to her so I don't think much'll happen, lol. But, I'm happy with my boyfriend right now and so I certainly won't break up with him for her, yet it's annoying that she's confusing me again. Yet again, I did the stupid "Hey, maybe you are straight! Or at least bi!"... am I ever an idiot...

Besides that, I also came out to another very minor friend over MSN from far away yesterday. In return, she said she's probably bisexual. She has a boyfriend right now and likes guys, but had a girlfriend in the past and likes females too. So, that was a fun coming out also.

Well, that's my story. Coming out these last few times has improved my life at least tenfold and I'm incredibly happy. :biggrin:

2. Triplume

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can definitely relate to this part. Even after publicly coming out as gay at my high school, and even dating a couple of guys, I found myself falling for one of my female friends. It's really weird because I would have described her in the exact same way you described your friend. I mean, I just find her beautiful in all sorts of ways, inside and out. It confuses me a lot too.

Just thought I'd share that so you know you're not stupid or an idiot for feeling the way you do.

And congrats coming out, heh. :slight_smile:

3. imad

That sounds great... it's really nice when friends are willing to have these conversations in so much depth.

I, too, wonder sometimes if it was wrong to label myself as gay. For a while I was really into the first girl I came out to (especially her eyes, face, and her expression), but I grew out of those feelings for her.