1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by girlboyari, Feb 29, 2012.

1. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

My twin sister can be both my best friend and my worst enemy. We always fight, but yet we always get along, too. I'd been wanting to tell her that I was bigender, but I wasn't sure how to bring it up or how she'd react if I told her.

So, last night, I was playing piano and she was sitting on the couch when she randomly looked at me and asked, "Sis, what would you think if one of your best friends was a lesbian?"

I was surprised by the question, she'd never asked anything like that before, but I answered honestly and I told her that I'd treat my friend the same as I always did, and be happy and supportive of them. She smiled, then told me that she herself was a lesbian, and had a girlfriend. I was surprised by her boldness, but we hugged and I told her that was great.

I went back to playing the piano, then thought maybe since she told me who she was, I should tell her about me. So I looked at her and said, "Sis, I'm bigender." She kinda tilted her head to the side, studied me for a second, then said, "You know, that makes a lot of sense."

All in all, that went better than I expected, considering I never thought my sister would tell me she was a lesbian and I never thought I'd tell her that I'm bigendered. Well, at least I don't have to hide my boxers from her anymore:lol:

2. BudderMC

Looks like you didn't have to bring it up after all! Maybe this is one of those things where twins supposedly know what the other is thinking? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats!

3. jimL

That is so cool. You are so lucky. Bring on the boxers!!!!!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!

5. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: And I love my boxers!!!

6. Hidinginalabama

Congrats and I must say it's so great to hear that you and your tween are there for each other. It took my tween some time for him to get his head around the fact that I was gay

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out to your twin sister! The unexpected makes always for the best coming outs. :slight_smile:

8. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

9. Sayu

Wow, that is great! :slight_smile: Now you both share your secrets :slight_smile: