1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my schools counselor

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jim94, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Jim94

Today at school I had one hour free because of changing of my class schedule , I was in the second floor of the school then saw her walking by and asked her if we could talk she said yeah ,we went to her office.She started with telling me how my teachers like me
    and that stuff.
    Then she said: what did you want to talk about ?
    I couldnt look at her at all
    I was like ; nobody knows this and promise that you wont think any different after this
    she : noo , youll always be the smart , good young man to me.
    It toke me like 5 mins to say it.I had my eyes closed all the time and my right hand over them, then I said it.

She : oohh sweetie , you dont need to be ashamed for that ,there is nothing wrong with it
    She huged me while I tried to hold my tears back
    She : that is not a problem for me ,theres nothing wrong with it, do you have problems with any of the students ?
    I shoke my head no
    ;Problems at home ?
    I didnt answer.
    ;you have to undersstand that there nothing wrong with it , you dont have to worrie ,especially these days,nobody cares,its normal.
    the problem is with other people that just want to find something new to hate , like we dont have enough of that in our world.

Then she siad:look at me
    I looked at her like 1 sec
    she ; I'll be by your side whenever you need me,if you want to talk with your sister(she knows my sister) about this Ill be by your side.
    then we just sat there for like 5 mins.

Me trying to come back to normal state

Then she said ; a while ago we had a homosexual here that talked in front of the students about this , and that theres nothing wrong with it , he also mentioned a support group where gays and lasbians meet to talk and you can get information about how to tell your parents and stuff like that.
    I'll look more into that ,and I think that you relly need to talk more about this , as it sound youve never talked to anyone and you need to let out yout thoughts and emotions.
    I was all quiet all the time
    Then she was like ; did you really think that this would change my mind about you?
    Me ; you never know how people react
    she also said something like : you see how the world is today , its because there isnt enough of love
    and something like: why should it metter , its love that counts
    then we had to end it cus the nourse of the school would come , they share a office together

It went really good , Im still a little shaky even after more then 8 hours but I dont think that it could go better.
    We will meet next week and we will have some more time to talk.

#1 Jim94, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is great! I'm really happy for you that you told her, and that it went so well with her being so supportive. :grin:

3. hml8

congrats! :grin:
    She sounds really supportive, it's nice to have someone fairly impartial to talk to :grin:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. First, congrats on coming out to her... i can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. But second, what an *amazing* guidance counselor! I mean, anyone in that position *should* be that supportive, but it sounds like she really knew what to say and how to be there for you. :slight_smile:

Isn't it an amazing feeling to have told someone? :slight_smile:

5. Chickzak

Yaaaay well done for taking that step xD Congrats, its great you found the courage to talk to her :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your counselor and it is fantastic that she has made you feel so comfortable and has indicated that she will be there for you at every step. :slight_smile:

7. Loras

Congrats! she sounds like an amazing person!

8. jimL

Jim........I am so so happy for you. You are a very brave man, I know how terrifying it is to come out to the first person. I had tears in my eyes and my heart was racing just reading your story. That's just awesome. You are on the road to a better more comfortable life now. It's going to take a little while for it all sink in. Hugs for you!!!!

9. TheAMan

Great for you dude. I'm really happy that you were able to come out to your counselor.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! She sounds like an awesome person!! Congrats!!

11. Sayu

Very nice story, almost brought me to tears :slight_smile: You were brave and your school counselor seems really nice :slight_smile: Congrats! :slight_smile:

12. Jim94

Thanks guys!

Today had another meeting with her and it went just as the first time.
    We talked about everything, family, religion, orientations and many other things.
    She looked up for the support group in my city, she said when Im ready she would be happy to follow me there, she also said that if I wanted her to talk with my sister about this she would do it and that she would help me with whatever she can as she had promised.
    She said all the time that she feels so sad that this has to be such a huge thing for my family and that we should meet and talk once a week.

I feel okey about this, I can let things out of me wich feels good, we're going to meet again next week and talk.

13. Sayu

Wow, she is really nice, isn't she? :slight_smile: You are lucky to have her by your side! :slight_smile:

14. jimL

Hey Jim, How do you feel about letting your sister know? Do you think she will be OK with it? Sure hope so. And, I think it's awesome that she thinks you should talk every week. You sure found a great person to connect with. Sounds like you can really trust her.

15. Jim94

Yeah she is really great!

JimL; I dont think that it would be a good idea telling my sister, I think it would make things just more complicated.

And yeah, she is really nice and yeah, I think I can trust her.

16. Sadepeura

Congratulations for taking such a a big step! I'm glad she's so supportive. :slight_smile:

17. Mogenar

Wow. This is great. I too just came out to my creative writing teacher, who is the teacher sponsor for the Alliance at my school.

Turns out he's gay.

Who woulda thunk?

18. Dalmatian

Jim, I can't tell you how happy I am for you :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

19. alex7song

Congratulations!

20. Jim94

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

We met the past two week and just talked about everything.
    Now Im feeling a little bit more relaxed around her cuz in the begining I felt really strange whenever we were in the same room with other people.
    We are going to meet again next week then we'll meet when we get back from easter break.