1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A small step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Christiaan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Okay, I restarted the discussion with my boyfriend about my trans tendencies. He seems more receptive this time, and I think the main reason he got scared and had such a shut-down over it was that I was too eager to "right now, transition, right now." I guess that would scare anybody. So...anyway, it's no longer a totally taboo subject. I'll just be more circumspect now.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's great that your boyfriend is a bit more receptive to you having 'trans tendencies.' It will definitely make it easier on you to talk with him about things. What could also help the two of you, and in terms of keeping your relationship in tact is to allow each other to talk freely and openly about worries and thoughts, and trying to find answers to them together. :slight_smile:

3. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I agree entirely. Mostly, the real thing I need to and try to relate is how important it is that he makes me feel "feminine," or whatever you want to call it, by how he handles me and talks to me. I guess that's the benefit of a long-term partnership. You learn to fulfill your partner's needs after a while. Stuff like playful skirts, girly-looking shorts and all that are superficial. Organs are superficial. It's what I am to him that means something.

All I want to be to a stranger is "competent."

#3 Christiaan, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012