1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out without knowing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by yeahyeah, Mar 4, 2012.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Even when I'm already out to everyone, I mean that I don't hide it, I came out to a guy from school (he isa year up than me) . We met in school before but we talked more until yesterday because we are working in the film festival with other classmates. Any way, we were in the press room and I said: Do you think we can take one of this posters? (the poster was from a gay award). And he was like: But is from the gay award. and I told him "so what?" and then he said: well is from gay award, are you gay?
    I don't know why but he asked me like three times and I think he didn't believe me. After some time he asked me again "are you gay?" (something in the conversation had to do with gay). Even when I said yes to him when he asked me everytime if I was gay, I think he didn't believe me.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You can put this one in the category of "people who I have come out to but don't believe me."

Even though you are out to everyone and you are not hiding it, you will run into people, like this guy, who won't believe you or just don't want to see what is in-front of them so to speak. As long as it doesn't bother you and you are okay with these kinds of responses, I'd say it's all good! :slight_smile:

3. TheAMan

Yeah every now and again you will run into those kind of people. If he doesn't believe you, don't worry about it. You have nothing to prove to this guy.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, it seems really odd he won't believe you.