1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wylde, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Wylde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, a lot has changed since I last posted on this forum! Haha, I kind of missed browsing around and reading all the threads. I tend to forget about things though, and this forum fell prey to that. ANYWAY I'll stop blabbering.

I'm FtM, and this new year I made it my resolution to come out to my parents. I've been out to myself since July and my mood has really suffered because of how much tension keeping things secret has been. So, I wanted to get things off my chest before it got bad. My mother and I don't have a very good relationship to start out with - my family has MAJOR communication issues - so it's hard for me to talk about things. So after working up my courage for a few days, and after a lot of reincouragement from a close friend, I finally told her.

In the car.

While we were driving to the mall.

Haha, maybe not the best place, but I told her I wanted to talk about something and she dragged me out for supper. So it was the only option I got. She took it... well. There's was a lot less yelling than I'd expected there to be.

The best part was, before I'd told her that I still like men, she asked if my friend Anna and I were dating. I rather forcefully said no, and repeated it a few times. People ALWAYS seem to think that with us. Siiiiigh :dry:

This was in early January, and since then I've been to visit a counsellor who has helped me talk through a few things, and is going to help me talk through things with my parents. I'm not very good with the whole voicing my emotions thing, because my mother has a habit of villainizing everything that comes out of my mouth (I did mention we have a bad relationship).

Anyway, things are going well. Now I just hope I can bring up the courage to tell my parents that, no matter what they say, I'm going to go through with my transition...

2. TheAMan

Congrats on your mom accepting you. I just hope that your relationship with her can get better.

3. Bedroom Hymns

Congratulations, friend! I applaud you :slight_smile:.

4. Wylde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, both!

We're working on the relationship... slowly... very slowly.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!!