1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

told another friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xashesxx, Mar 5, 2012.

1. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

So I've been out to my best friend for almost a year now. She has been supportive and kept my secret for me. This past weekend I had some friends over, including the friend Im out to. No one else knows im gay. I went and picked up another good friend and was bringing her to my house before every9ne got there. In the car on the way over we were talking about who all was gonna be there and only one of our friends boyfriends was coming over, so I told the girl i picked up that her boyfriend should come too so the one guy wasnt alone. She asked why I didnt tell our other friend to have her boyfriend bring a friend for me. I didn't say anything and she starting asking me why i wasnt saying anything. She bugged me and bugged me, and I finally decided that I should tell her that I'm gay. So I told her that I didnt like guys, and that i like girls. Shes a giggly girl and she kinda giggled and said "ok, so i switch to finding you girls. I'm still gunna be a great wing woman." We both laughed and started talking about other stuff. So now I've told two of my really good friends, and it was so much easier the second time. I'm just going to give it a little time and I think ill be ready to tell my family. I'm glad they've both taken it well. I dont think ill have many problems telling anyone. There are only a few people im worried abput, but If they dont accept me then who cares. I'm not changing for anyone. This Is who i am.

2. greeneyes

sounds like great friends =) good for u!

3. jimL

Way cool. Hope your family is as accepting. Good luck with that. Doesn't it just feel good to have friends you can talk to about being gay?

4. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

It feels awesome. I felt almost relieved when I came out the first time. When I told this friend, I felt even better. Especially when I knew she was ok with it. I'm pretty sure my mom, sister, and brother will be fine with it. I have no idea how my dad is going to take It. I'm sure it will be fine, I just dont know where he stands in the whole thing. For now, I'm happy. I'm glad that I'm getting more comfortable with telling people about this.

5. gingerlugo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yay :slight_smile: ......I love hearing stories like this, makes me want to come out even more. I'm going to start telling my friends soon.

6. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

Do it when you're ready gingerlugo. I've already been surprised by the responses I got so far. It's a big relief just to have these two friends know. I don't feel like I'm hiding who I really am. With them anyways..