1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to some more people at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hidinginalabama

So I have started to come out to more people at work. A total of four. Three are men and I have known them for most of my life or at least 8 years. And one of them is a women and also a closeted lesbian. I told the guys because they are people that I think highly of and respect a lot. They took it as a very big shock as I new they would. One of them P kept asking me why I thought that I was gay and if it wasnt the devil just lying to me or something. Oh and P is a very big church person. D just stood there looking at me for about 10 minutes with out saying anything. Then said that he had no problems with it and thought of me as the same person as before but that he just knows more about my real life out side of work. B and I had a very long talk about it. And He told me that his sister was also a lesbain. So he understood what it meant to keep it to himself and how he has seen his sister mistreaked and he didnt want that to happen to me at work.

Ok the best for last. S her nickname tink tink or tink for short. So I saw her one day at work hadent seen her for two weeks. we started chating and I had lady gaga playing in my ear. She asked me what it was and I told her. :icon_redf She looked at me and laughted. Then we talk for a bit longer and she started to ask about my personal life. At first I started to lie to her but for some reason thought that I shouldnt. I looked at her and asked if she could keep something to herself. She said yes. I looked at her and said what kind of straight guy likes lady gaga? She smilled and said none unless they are like this. She showed me her rainbow braclet. Then I said yes that is me rainbow and all. She smilled again and said what I knew for the braclet. She is a lesbian. At the moment I grabed her and huged her. I was and still am so happy that there is some one at work that understands how it is to live in the cloest at work. We talk for a good hour from there as I was still welding. And she was keeping an eye out for any one that would walk up. Now this weekend she my boyfriend and I are going to the club together.

I must say having done all of that the biggest part for me was when I found out that I wasnt alone at work. That there was others out there like me still in the closet at work. Knowing that there is some one at work that knows how it is and that I can talk to about my real life out side of work and not the one that I make up. Sorry this is so long but to those of you who read it all thank you so much.(&&&)

2. secretguyX

That's great! Congrats for having such great people to tell :slight_smile:

3. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

That's so amazing! So happy for you! :slight_smile:

4. Hidinginalabama

Thanks and it has gotten a lot better at work. I have heard less and less gay jokes and it seams that people have just been nicer for some reason.

5. momluvsu

So happy things are going so well for you.:slight_smile:

6. :king: Congratulations =] The second story was especially touching for me.

7. Chickzak

Yaay congrats! Such a cool feeling too when you have others that feel like you :slight_smile:
    Well done :slight_smile:

8. EM68

That is great that you are coming out at work. Once I came out at work (at my old job) I was a lot happier. :slight_smile:

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out at work!! I know that must be a very hard thing to do but it's great you were able to do that. Hope your work environment will be a lot happier now! :slight_smile:

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you have started to come out at work and have found support. It took courage to come out, and it's wonderful that you could do that. :slight_smile:

11. JackSplat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations. I still have to come out at work. Reading your story is inspirational.

12. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Grants! And nice that things went well for you. :slight_smile:

13. Nero

congrats i found that inspirational and touching