1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the worst ever friggen coming out!!!! :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tokarov, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so.
    it's new years eve right? I swear this happened like 45 mintues ago.
    so we're at dinner at outback steakhouse, and this girl in high school, whos a junior and im a sophmore, tries to flirt with me. i ignore, put on my ipod. but my STUPID future bro-in-law, is like.
    "Danny boy, she's flirting with you, come on."
    You might not think that's so bad, but after the 11th time *i counted* i got KINDA mad. so i told him,
    "Dude, i am GAY." He froze, oh and thats not even the best part, how about the fact the whole outside patio where we were eating falls quiet at the SAME time i say "I AM GAY."

oh ho, bad. everyone froze. it was weird. at first i was like "ok that was kinda easy, and now im free from the weight of hiding."

my dad got up and left the table and wouldnt come back. my mom was like "honey im ok with it and i love you...but your father..."

my sister hates gays, my 2 aunts, that were also there, thinks we're the scum of the earth and we're "cursed from god" or something.

so im at my friends house, spending the night, cause she knows and is supportive.

my dad has always spoken against the gays and bi's and such, using the F word and such, idk what i was thinking!??!?!?!?!?!?! i guess im just not as surprised.

im not as sad as i think i SHOULD be, im just not surprised, but it does kinda feel good, i got it out of the way right?

well this sucks...alot :tears:

2. kevinx519

=( its ok. if hes really a father, hell learn to accept you. if not, then it's probably for the best. at least your mom is supportive of you and you dont see your aunt's everyday. most times families learn to accept a person after they know. just give them some time. who knows how itll turn out.

3. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i hope your right. i love my dad to death, but wtf.

wtf makes us so bad? seriously?

this new year sucks completely. and my mom wont do anything, she wont, shes afraid of my dad when it comes to this matter.

god dammit, really! what makes us so bad!?!?

ARHGGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHG
    whatever.

i feel embarrased now. :icon_redf

WTF MAKES US SO BAD?!!?

4. step49x

Well, at least you're out... Yeah, I think you could have chosen a better time/place. Oh well... I'd just suggest waiting, and seeing what happens. Not the most comforting advice, I'm sure, but I'm sure that's what you're doing, anyway...

What makes us so bad? I haven't the slightest idea... We're different, maybe? We do something they think is gross? (if you're gay, you might feel straight sex is gross, but if you want to be close-minded, you can't think that) I don't know... If I did, believe me, I'd be working to fix it...

5. TriBi

You aren't "bad" for being gay. Your father has some thinking - and hopefully, in the not too far distant future, some "accepting" to do as well.

You can't "unsay" it - so the best thing to do is probably to prepare yourself to understand what they are going through - I'm sure our straight mums here (Becky, and Louise, when she is back from holidays) will give you some idea of how they felt when their sons came out. Becky will also no doubt be able to point you to some PFLAG material that may be useful.

You might also (if you haven't already) benefit from reading this thread:
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930
    It might help you understand the thought process they need to work through to accept the situation.

Hope this helps - and that things work out sooner, rather than later.

6. Grof142007

(*hug*) (&&&) Man sounds rough i hope everythings go well. Stay strong Thing will get better(*hug*) (&&&)

7. CrimsonThunder

Thats sad champ, but just teach them whats right and they'll understand. =D

Congrats on coming out though, shouldn't do it when your angry or pissed off however, makes bad things like this happen. =[

8. waitingsucks

You're much braver than I

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well it wasn't the best "coming out" circumstances but now that its done, no use fretting about it. Your dad has much thinking to do. It's easy to badmouth or hate something that you don't understand but its much harder when to do when its somebody you love. One of the PLFAG chapters has a billboard that says "Be careful who you hate, it could be someone you love!" I love that and it's so true! I would be happy to mail you PFLAG materials. Maybe if your mom reads them and attends some meetings, she can get your Dad to come around. Just PM me with your address if you want them. You can locate a chapter at www.pflag.org.

10. biisme

ooo...i'm so sorry. my heart goes out to you(*hug*)

i hope that the unsupportive people in your family come around and realize that it shouldn't matter.(*hug*)

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Just give them time to accept they are probably shocked it will work out all in the end and think of the good part you are out.

12. Alex89

Wow. O_O It's amazing how 2 words can suddenly make people think you're a completely different person.

It's good you've got somewhere to stay, but make sure you get to sit down and talk with your father. You're mother might help in arranging it.

He probably still has the ignorant views that being gay is a choice / it changes who you are / the bible says gay people are evil (I checked, it says no such thing).

Before you talk, try and make sure you've got an explanation for everything he might currently believe about gay people.

Good luck!

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I'm glad you've got some support, but at the moment I would just give it time - if you think about it, they've all only just found out, and are shocked. If you're lucky, they'll realise that actually it makes no difference to anything, and if you're very lucky, this'll be realised quickly. Although I realise this may not be the case. Obviously not the best coming-out experience, but at least it's done. Small comfort, I know (from someone not out to their parents too), but you're (hopefully) going through the worst now. Good luck.

14. sdc91

Hopefully time will heal this schism. Are you back at home yet?

I must say, that was really gutsy and brave of you to come out at dinner with the whole family during a holiday.

Isn't it strange how entire rooms can fall quiet at precisely the worst time possible?

15. Astaroth

(&&&) Well, at least the hiding is over. The older you get, the harder it gets to tell your parents, I think (speaking from being a decade older). And although your father has a lot of maturing to do on the subject, I'm happy that at least your mother can be of some support, even if it's tacit sometimes. Hopefully this new year will open a new chapter in your life that will be a happier, more-open one once your family comes around to the truth. I wish you all the support and love I can! (*hug*)

#15 Astaroth, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  16. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that is quite a story. I'm sorry the circumstances had to be the way they were, but I probably would have reacted the exact same way in that situation. The fact that your mother reacted positively can also be a big help when it comes to your father. She'll be able to talk to him. Also, don't worry too much about the rest of your family, at least not your extended family. My grandparents and aunts and uncles have the same opinions yours do, but I haven't let it bother me too much. There' s always going to be family that won't support you, but if you can get the support of your mother and hopefully your father, then that's what is most important. I hope your sister comes around too. She likely will given time. I hope everything goes well. At least it's all out now and you don't need to worry about telling people one at a time.

17. WilbersRevenge

awww
    I am soo sorry to hear that
    Hugs!!!!(&&&) (*hug*)
    And if you need more, they are 100% free
    (plus shipping and handling)

18. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Sorry to hear it turned out that way >< well at least everyone knows now..

19. jroakwood

although it sucks right now, at least you told most of your family?
    im kinda jealous i couldnt do it like that actually.
    so try to look at the bright side, you're out.
    it just needs time.

20. Calucifer

Ok... wow... awesome way to come out man... Hopefully your dad and sister come around.... thats the most important.