1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my stepsister and it was awesome

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TexaCali, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TexaCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told my stepsister this morning. She had a lot of exposure to the gay scene during her days in the modeling industry and was always 100% accepting. I knew she'd be supportive but I never knew how much.
    Talk about a pep talk! She said there was nothing wrong with me taking 20 years to come out and that anyone who had any problem with how I did it or when or to who can take a hike. She told me I was a very special person no matter what and that my heart and courage were my defining characteristics, not who I sleep with. She encouraged me to keep on this path to being who I am no matter what because even if it got rough it was still the right path to be on. She also encouraged me to have the relationship I want, not what everyone else thinks I should want, even when it came to being with a man. I of course was crying with joy. It was the ideal response.
    At the end she said I'm still the same person to her, and I'm still her brother, not her "gay brother." And that meant the most to me!:icon_bigg

2. Gerit

Congratulations! I wish more people saw that once you come out of the closet, the 'gay' part of you doesn't define you as a person. Your stepsister sounds awesome!

3. 55

Awesome!! What a burden to start lifting!

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! That was such a beautiful story, I'm glad there are people like your sister in the world. Good job on your part for stepping up and coming out. :thumbsup: