1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to one of my best friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Nemo39122, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nemo39122

A little background on this...we go to the same karate school together so we see eachother several times a week, usually for several hours at a time...so coming out to her was risky. I decided to tell her over spring break, because the karate school takes a week off too and I would have a few days to stop freaking out before seeing her again. I was going to Monday but freaked out, then Tuesday but freaked out, and finally did today.
    Here's why this was so scary...the only other person IRL who knows doesn't live nearby anymore; we don't see eachother much and don't talk very often, so it's easy to pretend no one really knew. Plus she had actually asked me, which is sooo much easier than bringing it up. I see this friend nearly every day...it makes it all more real, if that makes sense.

So I had basically written out everything to say beforehand. I spent about 1-2 hours sitting by my phone just freaking out...then I finally texted her. Here's how it went.

Me: "Dude I need to tell you something"
    Her: "What's up? everything ok..."
    Me: "Yeah just that I'm bi and needed to tell someone and figured you wouldn't freak out."
    Her: "Nah dude I don't judge cause of that I have friends that are bi and its cool. But I'm glad you told someone instead of holding it in you know"
    Me: "lol so you don't care?"
    Her: "I mean its you and you are how you are it doesn't bother me dude"
    Me: "Ok cool lol"
    Her: "Lol I'm not gonna look at you different, and plus I won't tell anyone"

There were a few texts after that, but that was pretty much it. I'm still freaking out a bit, but in a good way. Mostly because I'm worried about acting weird when I see her again monday. I don't want to act any different, because I want her to know nothing has changed. But I think she'll understand...I have awesome friends. :slight_smile: :love:

2. Hidinginalabama

That's so great and way to go you. Over time it will get easier and you won't freak out as much.

3. Nemo39122

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:
    I sure hope it gets easier over time, that was tough! lol but it was definitely worth it. I'm still having a bit of an "omg, did I really do that?" freaking out in a good way feeling. But it's a good thing. I can't help thinking that you know what, maybe things do get better... :newcolor:

4. Pilgrim is hot

she sounds awesome, congrats :slight_smile: