1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to a Close friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TruffleDude, Mar 17, 2012.

1. TruffleDude

I have know this girl for about a year, and though I thought she kind of "knew" I was gay, I came out to her last week. I was worried that things had changed between us because of this - in a bad way. However, last night she texted me, asked me to come out to the Castro, and had 5 good looking gay friends with her! LOL. I feel great. Now only if my mom would do this instead of saying, "that may change", or talking about children - sheesh get a clue lady.

2. JRNagoya

I sympathize with the children part. My parents harped on my for years to settle down, get married, and have kids. My sister finally had enough of it and in her loving, brusque way told my parents to lay off. Won't they be in for a surprise when they find out why I'm in no rush to have kids. I've dubbed my sister the grandkid maker. My parents will have to be happy with that. Congrats on adding one more person to your list. Feel like 5 guys tonight?

3. Caoimhe Fayre

that's amazing :slight_smile: I am happy that your friend is supportive... it's good that there are people in the world who will love us anyway.

I sympathize over the situation with your mother, but I'm sort of envious too... I haven't told my biological mom, or my stepmother (working on that one though!), but I recently told a friend who has been like a mother to me for the past six years and in the same conversation, she went from pressuring me to get married and provide her with grandchildren (showing how much she thinks of me as one of of her kids, and I think of her as a mother figure) to telling me that she prays I never have or adopt kids. of course, I don't know the full situation and I would probably get VERY frustrated if people kept pressuring me to find a straight relationship... I mean, don't people get that you can't just MAKE yourself attracted to someone? don't they get that lying is definitely wrong and will hurt both parties in the end?

anyway lots of joy and love going your way :slight_smile:

4. TruffleDude

I get the "oh once you have kids" comment from people I have just met all the time. I think my new way of coming out to these people will be, "Well, once I figure out how two men can make a baby together I will start thinking about kids."