1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out for the first time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jon56, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jon56

So I stumbled upon this website about 2 weeks ago and have really enjoyed reading everyone's stories, and they have all definitely motivated me to come out for the first time.
    so anyways, here is how it went down.
    My 2 friends (both girls) from high school and I were hanging out, and friend #1 had been talking a lot about secrets and how she really wanted to tell us them, and so she started it off by telling us various things, one being that she is bi, the 2 girls she has had crushes on, and a bunch of other things. Friend #2 told us some stuff, and so they wanted me to tell them something. They originally wanted to know if I was a virgin or not, which I didn't tell them. For the next hour they were trying to get it out of me, but I was just trying to build up the courage to tell them what I really wanted. So by the end of the night I still couldn't spit it out, so when I dropped them off at home I said I would tell them something, but over text. Once I got home I sent a text telling them that I was gay. #1 said that she didn't believe me (understandable cause #2 and I made a joke about her dad being gay even though he wasn't, so she probably thought I was joking as well), though she said she supported/accepted me. #2 said she was surprised and is fine with it, and they both said they wouldn't tell anyone.

I wish I was able to do it in person, but just being next to them in person and trying to say those words was just about to give me a heart attack

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! (*hug*) You have some awesome friends!

3. secretguyX

That's great! Even over text, it's still a step forward. Congrats! :eusa_clap

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! That was brave of you, you should be proud of yourself! =)

5. wildpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well done to you your friends sound great ,:thumbsup:doesent matter if was by text you are very brave and it will become easier as time goes on :smilewave

6. TriCube

Hey way to go man! Coming out is coming out, no matter how it's done. :icon_wink