1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow Didnt Expect That

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by izzyblue1456, Mar 23, 2012.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so i came out to my mom on wednesday night and then to one of my good friends last night. my friend said he doesnt care im still his friend and the he said more power to you which was very awesome. then tonight i ate dinner with my family on my lunch break from work and my mom came up to me and said do you know what your sister told me today. i said no. she said she told me the same thing you told me on wednesday night. i was excited for my sister because she finally came out. she has been dealing with these emotions for a very long time. i support her all the way and love her with all my heart. now my mom on the other hand isnt taking it as well now that both of her kids came out. after she told me this she said what are you two trying to do... kill me. hopefully she will come around and accept us with all her heart.

2. kaa93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's insane! its so cool to have a sister going through the same thing as you. That'll be a huge help to both of you through your whole lives. You guys can help each other, talk to each other, give advice, and just be there for each other. This aspect of you both will definitely bring you closer.

As for your mom, give it some time. Her immediate reaction is actually pretty good, if she didn't react with anger then I think you'll be okay. She's just adjusting to a pretty big shock, and having it come from both her children so close in time is definitely gonna affect her. Perhaps she's worried about if she'll get grandkids. I Think you should just stick with your sister and see how things develop.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yikes, your poor mother! Lol, but congrats to both of you! I do hope your mom can catch her breath and be okay with this. Considering the shock that parents go through when ONE kid comes out, she must be stunned at both her kids doing so! It will probably just take her some time, but good luck to all of you! At least your friend was awesome about it. (*hug*)

4. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea it was really cool that my friend was accepting. we are very alike and really understand each other so it would really suck it he took it badly. and yea my mom did get a big shocked. i feel bad for her.

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, I'm sure it's a huge relief to know your friend really is a true friend after all. :slight_smile:

There's really nothing you could do to change what is, so you don't have anything to feel bad about. At least not in a guilty way. If you plan on getting married and having kids one day, or your sister does, you may want to reassure her of that. It might make her feel better. If you don't that's okay too of course. I've never been interested in marriage and/or kids, luckily my brother got there.

6. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, that seems like an okay reaction for a parent. She has a lot to come to terms with, but she sounds like she'll be cool with it. Congrats and good luck!