1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay in your teens

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by martin19, Jun 25, 2006.

1. martin19

I had been feeling this since I was 6 I guess and I hadn't told this to anybody except to those guys who I had been having sex with and that was two people only to be honest. A friend of mine who lives in my same building (Alex) and another guy from secondary school (Justin). Anyway, the point is that after becoming 19 I really felt I needed to get this out of my chest because it was too much pressure to contain and I thought I would explode if I didn't do that.
    After hearing that this guy living in the very same building had told one or two of his friends he was bisexual, I felt the stenght needed to come out, firstly, to my friends, although I felt very insecure with all that as it would be a one way ticket.
    I met up with Mark (one of my best friends) and decided to tell him first about all this. Sincerly, I had always thought he was gay so that's why I had chosen him to be the first to know, but things ended up being me the onlyone gay. Although I still feel he's gay but doesn't accept himself.
    He reacted quite well, and suggested me to tell this to Mary as she was lesbian and she would give me a piece of advice and may be introduce me to some of her gay friends.
    It had been really moving for me to tell Mark all this, so I wasn't completely prepared to tell Mary. Mainly because I had had a crash on her years ago.

Two months after my first coming out, being about four o'clock in the afternoon I called Mary and vomit it to her. She was more than shocked but happy at the same time. After all, his best friend was gay as her. Our relationship boosted up and I felt really great going out with her to gay places and getting to know about the gay scene.
    I know my coming out doesn't sound that interesting or exciting (I'm not a great writer either) but I just wanted it to be known and encourage young guys to tell this to at least one person in your life, a really meaningful person because it will free you of the unsufferable and inhuman feeling of encarcelation of your sentiments. Being gay shouldn't be a dictatorship.
    Thanks God for making me gay.
    Martin, UK.

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

that great!:icon_cool welcome to empty closets:icon_wink

3. martin19

Well, Thanks!
    I guess that last sentence sounds quite strong but true after all, isn't it?
    I haven't come out to my parents yet, sometimes I feel I'll never be able to do so.
    Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcoming!
    Martin, UK.

4. TriBi

Welcome Martin :smilewave - good to see you are positive and happy about who you are.:biggrin:

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Welcome and a nice last thought:slight_smile:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't give up hope... sometimes parents can surprise you. In a nice way, I mean.

7. shivam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    love u dude . u really give me the courage . i want to tell my best friend . i am afraid but i know he is a true friend he'd understand :slight_smile: thanx

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (reminder to everyone else posting that this thread is 6 years old...)

9. eveninghush

Sorry mate, I just saw you were from the UK, and a fair bit older than me (I'm 16) and basically I just wanted to ask you how people at school/uni as a whole tolerated you (or other people who were out). I have little doubts about my close friends accepting me but when it comes to the school as a whole... thats a scary thought. I guess British society is pretty accepting relatively speaking but the school environment is very macho and alpha male and popularity and machoness seem to go hand in hand and the words 'fag' and 'homo' are used as general insults.... im just sure if i could deal with it but i do want to come out. any help is welcome! and congrats to you :thumbsup:

10. Alexander69

I'm new to this site and when I saw this post I wanted to write something. I am gay and I have always known for a long time. I have never told anyone but I've been asked many times by other gays and lesbians so I guess I give it away a bit, I'm only 17 but I am graduated, I have this feeling inside that I want to tell people but I don't want them to look at me differently, the thing about me is I care what people think :frowning2: I also come from a wealthy family and a religious family. I do have gay cousins and my mom is fine with them in fact she and I are the only people who talks to them which really makes me mad!! Everyday I feel like I want to tell people but the thought of them treating me differently makes me not want to :/ I was bullied for a long time because other people could tell I was gay except my parents.... Even though I never told anyone I am gay. I think in some way my mom knows I am gay because she makes me go shopping for clothes with her and asks me what outfits look good what Gucci purses to get thing like that but when I do anything not masculine she gets so mad, like I let my nails grow long and she was like you're looking homosexual cut your nails and then my dad makes jokes about homosexuals all the time and it makes me sad because I feel like I can never tell them, and my parents want grand children and I have a older brother who is straight and has a girlfriend and my parents cherish him and talk about him and me I'm like the son who has screwed up in some way, In high school I tried to be the opposite of who I am to sirvive it I was mean I was terrible person and I feel aweful now but I got through high school being popular and people wanted to be like me, yet inside I wanted to be like them be excepted be myself :'( I watched this movie I don't know if any of you have seen it "prayers for bobby" it is such a good movie and it made me cry because all he wanted was to be excepted and his mother just wouldn't :frowning2: and that's kind of like me I want to be excepted by my parents but my fear is holding me back 1000000000% this is the first time that I have ever refered to myself as GAY btw so this is already a big step for me! I want to move away from home for a while to find myself and maybe find that right guy, but even then I dont think I will tell my parents and to me that's ok now I've excepted that I want tell them untill I have to have to have to but I will tell my friends when I feel comfortable enough to do so!