1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Partly out.. I Guess..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ZeroCool, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ZeroCool

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello all,
    My name is Shawn,
    Well, I can say, After 3 1/2 years of hiding it, Im BiSexual...
    Im a 16 year old male, And live in a small city/state.

The Way i came out was by in the car.. My Mom said, "Well what do you feel like talking about" (Mostly because we was bored, and the car was silent), so i said "Well, mom, i got something to tell you, But you cant think any different of me.." she said "Whats that?" I said "Im Bisexual.." She said "You Like MEN??" I said "No, i like men and women.." "Shes like, well your still my son, and i love you.." I said "Yeah i know."

Then that later on, she said "Have you even dated a guy?

i said "yeah"

well, thats my story, Ever since today, i feel weired going around or even near my mother.. I Know she accepts me, but its just weired.

Well, now my mom knows.. And a few of my close friends know...

2. cscipio

Congratulations and welcome to EC. It's nice that your mother was accepting of you as well as (I assume) your friends. You've found a good place to talk about any issues or questions you may have and not be judged.

As for your mother and feeling strange - that will likely go away over time. When I told my first close friend, I was too bashful to even try to call him for a week despite him being extremely accepting. He texted me a week later and said "let's hang out" - I was awkward with him for about 30 minutes before we cliqued like we always did.

3. ZeroCool

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, Well the only reason I came out was because my Ex-Boyfriend broke up with me because i'd push him away as no one knew i was bi, and to be honest, i was scared. Like i didnt know what people would think of me. You know? Like everywhere you go people crack gay jokes like, if LGBT is a choice, Why are you straight?.. Only a few people know as my close friends, wouldnt be too accepting (not that i know of ) as they always make gay jokes. I felt bad as i always pushed him away (my ex) because i didnt want my mom to find out, Well he got mad and broke up with me, which sucks as i really loved him.. But we may be going back out as i told him.. "Im out, happy now?" he said "Im proud of you, lets chill 2morrow" so.. Lets see how this goes.. i guess.
    And Thanks

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats man. I'd be scared to tell me dad while he's driving, but it may come down to that since it'd be slightly less awkward. :eusa_eh:

As for your friends, alot of people come around after they find out someone they know is LGBT. So you never know. If they can't accept this part of you, maybe you should find better friends. I know it's scary, I think we all know that here. (*hug*)

5. BudderMC

That feeling goes away eventually. It's just part of the mentality that what was once a secret is no longer a secret (to her, at least). Act like everything's fine, and it'll do a world of good. Basically 'fake it 'till you make it' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats though! You should be happier for yourself!

6. colorful

Congrats. That's pretty much how I came out to my mom... even though I don't have an exact word to come out as. Ha. It gets less awkward. Or at least it has for me. :slight_smile: Any steps you make is something!

7. ZeroCool

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I think its time to find new, acceptin friends, and im going back to my ex as I want him back :slight_smile: I kkinda feel suicidal at times :s

~Sent from Samsung Admire for MetroPCS

8. ZeroCool

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I Must thankyou guys all for your support, i Hope to keep with this community.!