1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to a co-worker this weekend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rawpunkgirl, Mar 26, 2012.

1. rawpunkgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First off-- I am facebook friends with some of the people I work with. On facebook, I openly say that I am dating a woman, yet -- no one has actually ever asked me if I'm gay or a lesbian. Actually, one female co-worker has asked another female co-worker / friend of mine (that knows that I am gay) if I was serious. My friend told her to ask me, but she did not.

Anyway, there are other gay people in my office though. And my girlfriend and I went to a bakery in the city and ran into one of my gay co-workers. Anyway, I saw male co-worker being affectionate with his boyfriend in the shop. And this place was so small, there was no choice but to face each other. Hah. So he introduced me to his boyfriend. And then my girlfriend came over and I introduced her as my girlfriend. I feel like he may have been surprised, but a good surprise.

2. mrzach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you have other co-workers that are gay, thats great - it means you'll always have support at work. This sounds good to me :slight_smile:

3. The second story sounds nice. Regarding the first--well, people are just shy sometimes. I don't think she'll ever walk up to you and ask, but will probably keep asking others until she gets an answer. :king: