1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told a best friend :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bassbolt, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Passed a note saying "I'm not straight" to my bisexual friend in school today. Her reply? "Now I have to bake you a cake." :lol:

She told me that I hid it well, which came as a surprise considering I never join in on conversations about guys. We joked about how ironic it is that the queers and atheists hang out in the religion room together, because if those parts of the bible actually turn out to be true, we're all going to hell.

I said that I didn't really have a label for myself yet. She thought about it for a few seconds and decided that she wasn't really sure of a label for herself either and didn't think they were all that important. We agreed that labels are silly and we'd just be people.

Anyway, it went pretty well. I'm glad I finally forced myself to tell someone. :eusa_danc

2. Hidinginalabama

Glad to hear that you told someone. It makes life easier when there are people out there that you can talk to about your real life and not the one that you have to make up to fit in the "norm". Congrats on taking that big step.

3. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. greeneyes

That's great! Congrats =) Great also that you have someone now to talk with this about.

Yea I had a hard time with labels. I went with bisexual because it gives me options, but I don't really care haha!

5. Awesome! Don't worry about the bible though, it was written long ago by sheep-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal in the world was within walking distance of Noah's house. Are you an atheist?

6. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. :grin: Yeah, I'm an atheist.

7. jimL

Way cool. That must feel pretty good. You can make what you want out of any religion. I was raised a Catholic. One of the things that I accomplished by coming out last summer was that my mom started back to church after many years away. I think she is searching for the answers. Whatever they may be. It's tough having a gay child. Bottom line.....I was born gay and according to the teachings of most religions....god does not error!

8. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last night, my friend K was texting another friend, L. I was sitting beside K. I'm not out to her yet and I hadn't told L either.

I've known L for almost a year. Last night, me and K both discovered that she had been operating under the assumption that I was gay for all that time. :roflmao:

K, not knowing, told L that I'm straight. I decided that, since she already thought I was gay, there wasn't really much point in hiding it, so I texted L the truth when I got home. She thanked me for trusting her and assured me that my secret is safe with her.

... I actually can't believe this. It's hilarious. She thought that I was already out of the closet and that everybody knew. XD

9. greeneyes

That's great! I wondered how she knew haha.