1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by iPieman, Jan 3, 2008.

1. iPieman

I've pretty much known I was a homosexual from the moment I knew right from wrong.
    It's proof that it's not a "choice". Like most teens I didn't really know what to do with myself. I had on/off periods of acceptance and coming to terms with how I felt took me a fair bit of time.

The denial was at it's peak when I was between the ages of 17 & 20. I even convinced myself at one point that I was Bi-Sexual.
    In those 3 years I entered into two relationships with girls both of which were physical.

I came out to the last girl I was with who took the news very badly and wasn't at all supportive, which I can understand and respect; we haven't spoken since.

My first relationship with a guy prompted me to come out to everyone in my friend circle (as they all knew him and it was blatently obvious we were seeing each other) and they accepted me and could pretty much tell I was gay anyway.

I started seeing a lot of this guy and sometimes spending whole weekends at his.
    We broke up in the summer just before my 22nd birthday and had an on/off "f**k buddy" relationship for a while but I have since ended that.

On New Years Eve I decided that I wanted 2008 to be a completely fresh start for me after having a bit of a tumultuous 2007 and decided the time was right to come out to my mum.

It was something I had put off for so long because I didn't think that the time was right at any other point in the year. Something else that stopped me was the fact that her biological father is also gay and I wasn't too sure how she would react and didn't really know how to handle the situation. But I bit the bullet and the 31st felt like a good time to do it.

So I did.

She told me she had always known (which I was dreading her saying) and that whatever lifestyle I led she would always support and love me.

And that's that!

2. InaRut

Nice story. Lame-o about the b/f though.
    I love reading Coming out stories and thinking, "Hey I did that."
    Shows how not-alone we really are...

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Glad it went well with your Mom. It's interesting her father is gay. At what age did he come out?

4. Jim1454

Great story. I know what you mean though - I didn't want to hear 'Ya - we've known all along' because my response would have been 'Then why the hell didn't you tell ME?!?' But there are worse responses that you could have received. Congrats!

I told my sister on New Year's Eve. That went fine.

5. iPieman

When she was around 17.

6. biisme

that's great! i'm glad you had the courage to come out.

7. iPieman

I did actually say that! I can't remember her reply though.

Thanks biisme ^_^

8. WilbersRevenge

WoOt!!
    Congadulations

9. iPieman

Thank you, Wilburs.

10. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!!! I recently came out to my mom too. Telling your mom is really super hard but it's awesome that she said she will always support and love you! I'm happy for you!! :icon_wink

11. Ty

Ty Guest

I'll tell my mom one day, i know she'll take it well..

12. Astaroth

Ha! Your story sounds eerily familiar to mine. I had girlfriends around the same age and came out to one of them at the time (now they both know) but in my case they were both supportive (surprisingly). Glad to hear that things went so well for you in most cases, though. :thumbsup: