1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outed yet again!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jimL, Mar 28, 2012.

1. jimL

So I came out to another person at work yesterday. She was really cool about it....hugged me and all that stuff. Felt pretty good. Then she told me that she already knew. She told me it was xxx, which was the same person that outed me a couple of months ago to this guy that I really didn't want to know, after I specifically told her that I didn't want him to know. My reaction: I laughed. I guess my reaction speaks to how comfortable I am now feeling about being out. I guess it bothers me a little, but very little. I think with some people it's a control issue.....I know something you don't! Maybe I'll just stand up in a staff meeting and announce that I am gay. They can't fire me for being gay! I'll show her. Haha.

2. Tracker57

Dude, it's your information and you should be in control of how it goes out. I'm glad that you are comfortable with people knowing. If it were me, I'd be pissed. I'm leaking things out carefully. Let me know when you make your announcement.
    Tracker

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, congrats on coming out to another person. Awesome.
    Having someone run around telling everyone? Ugh.
    Good luck my friend!

And record that staff meeting for us somehow, that shit is Youtube gold. (;

4. jimL

Hey Tracker: I know how you feel. Early on I wanted to, and tried to, control everyone that found out. I soon learned that once I started telling people that I was loosing that control. At some point you just have to give up and let it be. It's kind of interesting in that I really want EVERYONE to know. I guess it's part of acceptance of yourself. I will tell you though......it's a dam good feeling.

Escapist: I love the YouTube idea!

5. Doctor Faustus

It's good to hear you're feeling more confident and embracing your sexuality.

Don't look back!

Best.