1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Valyrian, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, long story short, i came out to 5 of my friends, which are 4 guys and 1 girl. I actually told them all with a difference of a 1-2 weeks of each other and they all took it very well!

Although one of them can't really come to terms with it and he says that i can still change (he's just kidding, according to him, he even asked me what's my role, how many partners i had so far and stuff hehe, he just needs time!) but all others, especially the dudes are asking me all kind of silly questions like "do you guys kiss like we do?" or "are you doing the same positions and stuff?" and a looooot of other silly ones but i enjoy answering them since they're all so open and supportive about it!

The girl didn't even believe me at first..we were chatting for like 5 hours and she was all the time like "i want you to swear you're gay!" and "if you're fooling with me i'm going to beat the shit out of you" and stuff like that haha!

Thing is, before i told them, 2 of them were acting all homophobic, always insult gay people and take a disgusting look on their face and thats why i didn't wanna risk telling me (took me almost 3 years after i became friends with them) but i was going to implode if i kept it for myself, it was just too overwhelming for me. They say that they're still "Against" gay people or they're fine with it as long as one don't harass them but they're COMPLETELY fine with me and will keep loving me no matter what, at least what's they say. I became even closer with one of them after that, and absolutely nothing changed between our friendship, on the contrary they keep touching my butt because it's "rock solid" according to them hehe, and even sleep over to them in the same bed etc..

best regards,
    john!

2. jimL

Hi there, that is a really cool story. You are lucky that they are so OK with it. The comment that "as long as they don't harass me" is quite interesting. Like us gay guys make it a habit of running around and harassing people. They are probably embarrassed for some of the things that they have said in the past, since now they have a gay friend. It does change people.

I think this girl must have had a crush on you since she didn't want to believe you. That's sweet. I was talking to a coworker yesterday and she was telling me about being in a gay bar and walking up to a couple of really good looking gay guys and telling them that they should be ashamed of themselves because they are so good looking and there are so many women that would love to date them. It's true there are so many good looking gay guys out there. Sorry girls!

I also find it very interesting that they are asking you all those personal questions. I think it speaks to how comfortable they are with it, even though they say they are against gay people.....they are probably saying that because they are uncertain of their own sexuality. I hope all your coming out's go so well. Let us know.

3. hml8

Congrats! :slight_smile: That's awesome, well done on plucking up the courage to tell them, it must of been especially hard to tell the 'homophobic' ones.

once again well done and congrats! :slight_smile:

4. Hidinginalabama

Congrats and way to go. I know it's hard some times to come out to friends but so worth it.

5. TheAMan

Cool story bro. Lets hope that your friends keep their word.

6. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and thanks for your responses!!

To be honest, i thought it would be WAY more difficult but in fact, it wasn't. Especially with one of the guy who says he's COMPLETELY against gay people, i came EVEN MORE close with him (he just turned 19) and he's like "im so happy right now and i dont even know why..i mean i thought you were such a cynical person (which i am ;p) and incapable of loving anything but now i i like you even more seeing that you're in love with someone (thats a completely other story)" he's become so much caring lately, really :slight_smile: and he's been asking even more intimate question lately..like really personal stuff but i'm totally fine with it since i finally found someone i can talk about ANYTHING. He even invited me for 1 week last week and we slept at the same bed. So i think he's pretty ok with me being gay :grin:

@jiml: Naah...thats highly unlikely..i dont think she has a crush on me, she just didnt believe me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm just glad they're okay with it, it could be worse aaaand then maybe really really worse :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. And i know these people for like 3 years and a half yet we've become really good friends :slight_smile:

There's one more friend left, but he's only 16 and i REALLY wanna tell him but i'm very sceptic about it...he's also against gay people, well, thats what he says but he's very friendly with me, and caring aswell. I can't find the courage nor the way to tell him..maybe oneday...or in a few years possibly hehe!

again, thanks for your replies!

sincerely,
    john