1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to dad...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gleeko0, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah..I came out to my Dad, it didn't go well, but better than I expected.

Hes been very disappointed with me, but I guess he still loves me and won't leave me? And will still support my studies after I'm 18? He said that..but I don't know if I should believe it.

My whole family thinks I'm just putting stuff on my head about my orientation...And I am dead serious about it, and they made my dad believe that is the case, I guess thats why he won't "leave" me...because there still the chance for a "cure"...

I won't risk admitting to him that I am indeed sure about it, even though i keep saying that to my mother and other family members involved..they won't believe me, because if my dad finally gets that I AM NOT kidding about that, I'm almost sure he will stop supporting my studies and will stop being my legally my dad, after i am 18, if he isn't going to do that anyways regardless of his interpretation on my coming out. I honestly don't care what he thinks anymore..I'm just more comfortable knowing he won't be absurdly disappointed in the future, because soon or late he would figure it out anyways..

:bang: Nothing is perfect...

I was not expecting my dad to be supportive about it anyways. I just feel i live in the wrong family, honestly...

2. Hidinginalabama

Congrats on coming out to your dad I know how hard it is to tell your dad. And sorry that your family is being that way to you. But remember that its better to be true about who you really are and not lie all the time to make others happy.